Senior Business Analyst
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We’re passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user’s experience.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for working with Clients and Valtech Project Teams to drive the project vision, objectives and take ultimate ownership for delivering impactful Content Management and Digital Portal solutions with the project team.
The BA works and negotiates directly with the client stakeholders to analyze and transform business objectives into a backlog of prioritized user stories based on market data, internal needs and business value. He/she then guides and supports one or more cross-functional project teams by owning the vision for a release, deciding the priority and details of features to build, accepting features after implementation, and accepting the release.
The BA must have experience in delivering web-based solutions of varying complexity, and must deeply understand the nuances of complex technical, user experience-driven web projects within the an iterative context. The BA must have a knowledge of data and content modeling.
Key Accountabilities :
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and the possibilities in our market; specifically around:
- Content management and digital marketing platforms
- Marketing optimization and automation
- User experience and customer experience management
- Customer and membership portals
- Education, non-profit and B2B verticals
- Generate ideas for how our solutions can make our customers more successful.
- The Product Owner must have a knowledge of data and content modeling in a web context.
- Collaborate deeply with the Scrum Master/Project Manager to continually manage scope, budget and expectations. Maintaining an intimate knowledge of the budget/scope burndown and its impact on release expectations is mandatory.
- Works closely with the technical lead to define work for the developers via acceptance criteria on the user stories
- Work with the client and project team to formulate a release vision and high-level epics
- Constantly manage client expectations on release scope
- Present and justify a product release to the project stakeholders.
- Participate in project process including Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, and Sprint Review.
- Work with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and manage expectations.
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work. Maintain a well groomed product backlog at all times.
- Be the customer's voice and provide perspective on business value on a day-to-day basis.
- Continuously evaluate and prioritize user stories based on market data and business needs.
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Must have experience having delivered implementations meeting typical web project success factors, including improved SEO, improved conversion and engagement, improved publishing workflow and internal visibility of ROI.
- Prefers working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client-handling skills.
- Ability to contribute towards a team effort.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Initiative and self-confidence, adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while being able to identify new opportunities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum) and knowledge of the full project lifecycle.
- 1+ years working on software projects following Agile methodologies
- Nice to have experience with Digital Marketing/Content Management/Customer Experience Management solutions for public facing websites and portals (for example, Sitecore)
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*** We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms***