VP of Customer Experience
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
Do you frequently find yourself in discussions on the merits of minimalism in Scandinavian design? Does your blood boil when you can’t complete a simple form because the button placement is “just all wrong”? How many times a day do you say “lets see what the data will tell us”?
If this is you – then “you” should meet “us”. We are Valtech (Toronto) a global digital agency (16 countries 35+ offices) and we are looking for a new VP Customer Experience to run a team, manage and own the outcomes of complex, world class projects and be a leader. If you have spent the last 5+ years working your way up in the digital world either in an agency or an SI and are looking to take that huge leap forward to running a team of passionate UI/UX individuals, then we would like to talk.
As our VP Customer Experience, you will be responsible for building our customer experience practice – you own the team, you set the culture. We want someone who still wants to play the game – not just coach. You hands-on and capable of translating client business requirements into an actionable blueprint that defines the user experience communicates the vision and design for the digital experience.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, organize and scale the User/Customer Experience practice within the organization
- Establish and promote a User/ Customer Experience mindset to create innovative digital experiences
· Establish business goals, site vision and key performance indicators for the project Participate in estimating & prioritization sessions to help team determine deliverable MVP
· Support sales and other customer-facing teams in high-value meetings with prospects and customers
· Define the overall CX strategy and deliver top-notch client experience in alignment with the business goals
· Research, identify, and document user requirements
· Conceptualize and design functional, elegant and pleasant experiences, and produce wireframes, journey maps, user workflows, prototypes, or other necessary deliverables
· Organize and lead research/usability testing workshops
· Collaborate with Business Analysts to identify and document required deliverables
· Collaborate with the design, strategy and technology teams to produce multiple iterations, ensuring the quality of the finished product
· Stay on top of industry trends in interaction design and digital applications
· Advocate for usability best practices with project managers, designers and web developers
Knowledge & Skills:
· 10+ years of experience in the web industry working for reputable organizations
- At least three years of experience leading a design team which has shown an excellent track record in product design and user experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a UX designer, including experience conducting research, developing concepts and performing evaluation.
- Deep understanding of user experience, user interface and usability best practices for responsive/mobile websites.
· You are tech savvy and embrace evolving technologies. You can think of innovative solutions and easily adapt to new tools and trends
· Ability to provide professional, high-quality, interaction with senior client contacts and management teams
· Comfortable with public speaking and facilitating large group sessions
· 360-degree vision: you can see multiple solutions for every design problem
- Proficiency with Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle and InVison. (Bonus if you’re proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite and or HTML/CSS)
- Ability to produce complex prototypes (for example navigable prototypes that can include forms, are interactive, can be linked to a database, are responsive, etc.)
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to design, computer science, psychology, or related work experience
Business travel and short overnight stays may be required as part of this position.
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has over 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.