- Toronto, ON, Canada
Valtech is a digital consulting and delivery group building solutions for the economy of experience with 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. We’re looking ahead. We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow. Valtech helps clients orchestrate experiences, integrate them into your existing ecosystem and then evolve them, adapting to rapidly changing digital landscapes. Making it intuitive for users to consume products and services in whatever way they want. We are a new breed of digital agency uniquely designed to help business leaders succeed in this new digital economy.
We are looking for recent college graduates to join our team, are you eager to learn & join our growing digital agency?
Valtech is looking for a DevOps in our Toronto office. This role will be expected to build, test, and release software.
The DevOps team member will help to define a set of processes and methods for thinking about communication and collaboration between development, QA, and IT operations. Expectations will include more reliable releases, improved productivity and efficiency, and increased client deliverable quality. There will be a close collaboration with customers, project management, developers, and QA to fill in the gaps and iterate.
Required Skills and Experience
· Experience with DevOps Engineering or Linux System Administration experience
· Strong Linux experience with CentOS, Debian, Red Hat/RHEL, Ubuntu
· Strong Cloud Deployment and technology experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Foundation, etc.)
· Continuous Integration experience with Jenkins (preferred), Team City, Hudson, Travis CI or similar CI Tools
· Experience with build tools such as Maven, Gradle or Ant
· Source Control Management experience with Git or Mercurial
· Experience programming with scripting languages such as Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, Bash, C#, Groovy, etc.
· Experience with tracking tools such as Jira or similar
· Agile Development experience
· Solid understanding of SDLC
Experience with any of the following helpful, but not required
· Configuration Management experience with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker or Vagrant
· Installing and maintaining Adobe AEM
· Installing and maintaining Apache SOLR
· Installing and maintaining SAP Hybris
Here’s what it’s like to work for us:
We’re advisors, visionaries, creative and techies…with an agency mindset. We believe in working together, and that the best results come when we pool our knowledge and brainstorm the right solution for our customers.
We embrace all things digital.
Our ambition is to become global leader in the digital space. No more, no less. Our customers look to us to help them succeed in the digital landscape. We deliver work that makes them the leaders in their industries, based on a thorough understanding of their business and a close collaboration with their employees.
We talk to each other.
We work in an open environment, with business developers, web technologists, strategists and creatives sitting side-by-side, pooling their collective wisdom in order to come up with the best solution for our clients.
We have fun.
We don’t believe in boredom. We do work hard, and we put in the hours we need to get the job done, but we also have a vibrant, dynamic atmosphere with passionate colleagues who enjoy what they do.
We love our clients.
Seriously! They are the reason why we are here. And why wouldn’t we? We are working with some of the biggest and most interesting brands in the world, along with a lot of other companies that all have great ambition to succeed in the digital space.
Valtech has over 2,400+ employees across 35 offices worldwide. In North America, we have offices in New York, Dallas, Chicago, Toronto and Montreal.
We’re looking ahead.
We are driven by a visionary mindset, and that means there is plenty of room for initiative and for talented people to shape who we are tomorrow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.