Senior Environment Artist
- 1415 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Valkyrie Entertainment is currently looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our development team to help us deliver games that are high-quality, exciting, and most importantly, great player experiences!
We are currently working on several AAA-titles alongside our partners, including the next iteration of God of War, as well as in-house projects for both mobile and console platforms.
Our studio is located in the heart of downtown Seattle with Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Waterfront, several theaters, Metro transit system, and many culinary delights all within just a few blocks walking distance.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating environments that not only look stunning, but play well too. You will work in tight collaboration with design and art leads, as well as providing mentorship to more junior artists. Ideal candidates are technically minded and able to work in game engines as well as create high-quality props & textures.
Daily tasks and Responsibilities
- Translate concept art and design ideas into game environments
- Collaborate within the team to design and layout gameplay spaces
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction and deadlines
- Create props, architecture, and terrain models, textures, and materials
- Layout levels from white-box through final set dressing and lighting
- Participate in R&D and provide artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Share knowledge within the team, advise and mentor more junior members of the team
- Assess artistic content with the Lead Artist and establish time and planning estimates by priority and level
- Assess and plan out the space, with consideration of narrative and visual storytelling
- Build and integrate assets into the play space
- Help set and maintain the high-quality bar of the studio
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors and keep them informed of progress
- Actively pursue knowledge of the medium – what works, what doesn’t, and what we can do about it
- 5+ years professional experience as an environment artist or equivalent role within the game industry
- Has shipped at least 2 or more titles, preferably full project cycles on a AAA PC/Console title
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines
- Strong knowledge of composition and visual storytelling
- Strong knowledge of level editors
- Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce)
- Strong gameplay and level design knowledge
- Strong knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes
- Strong Knowledge of optimization techniques
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modelling
- Deep understanding of art fundamentals and design (including an understanding of composition, color theory, and lighting)
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages (Maya, Max, etc), texturing packages (Substance Painter, Photoshop, etc), and game engines(Unity3D, Unreal, etc)
- The technical ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Comfortable working in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
Full-time and Contract opportunities available.
Remote work options available.
Check out our website at https://valkyrie-entertainment.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.