- 1415 Western Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Valkyrie Entertainment is currently looking for a Graphics Engineer to join our development team to help us deliver games that are high-quality, exciting, and most importantly, great player experiences!
We are currently working on several AAA-titles alongside our partners, including the next iteration of God of War, as well as in-house projects for both mobile and console platforms.
Our studio is located in the heart of downtown Seattle with Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Waterfront, several theaters, Metro transit system, and many culinary delights all within just a few blocks walking distance
As a Graphics Engineer, you have a passion for developing, testing, and delivering leading-edge AAA rendering features and workflows, pushing the limits of what modern games offer. You have a desire to be in a position of technical leadership, helping set the bar internally and collaborating with the team to develop and implement the techniques used across the studio.
Our ideal candidate brings a wealth of knowledge of real-time rendering techniques from their experience as a graphics engineer who has shipped multiple AAA game titles on Console, PC, and/or Mobile. You will be focused on ensuring that the game looks great on all supported devices and that it runs smoothly in all situations. You have the ability to work across game engines, platforms, and varied development pipelines.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with art and engineering to create beautiful, high-performance graphical experiences for our projects.
- Lead the charge to define and optimize graphics features, and ensure high quality from content creation to rasterization.
- Innovate on graphics while problem-solving and enabling our team members to be creative and successful, improving your own skillset while helping your teammates grow theirs.
- Plan and present potential solutions to the team, while adjusting to changes and executing tasks in a timely manner.
- Design, author, test, and deploy robust and maintainable solutions.
- Quickly prototype ideas to evaluate options
- Turn suitable prototypes into optimal and bug-free production code
- Report to the Technical Director and work closely with artists and engineers to design, research, schedule, and implement rendering features
- Help to identify performance issues and ensure that the game runs at target frame-rate on all supported devices
- Write clean code that is easily understandable and maintainable
- Work on related tools and technology features as required
- 5+ years of engineering experience, including code design, data structures and organization.
- Experience as a contributing graphics engineer on at least one shipped AAA game title.
- A deep and up-to-date understanding of the modern graphics pipeline, rendering techniques, tools, and production workflow with a desire to pioneer new solutions.
- Solid math skills, particularly with linear algebra, trigonometry, and calculus employed in creating modern AAA graphics.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with GPU profiling tools
- Knowledge of C++, graphics engine, shader programming models, and dedicated languages such as HLSL
- Knowledge of global lighting methods, dynamic lighting, shadow rendering, and similar concepts
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Experience with graphics performance analysis, optimization, and associated tools.
- Willingness to work across the whole game and not just on graphics when necessary
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a creative, collaborative environment
- Experience designing and implementing real-time dynamic simulation graphics (Fluid, Cloth, Volumetric fog, etc.)
- Writing tools within Maya and/or Max
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- Deep understanding of the performance of mobile CPUs and GPU
Check out our website at https://valkyrie-entertainment.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.