Sr. Android Developer [Remote - Anywhere in India]
- Eon Free Zone Rd, EON Free Zone, Kharadi, Pune, Maharashtra 411014, India
vVents delivers live virtual video events for every occasion from musical concerts, online webinars, live tuitions to political campaigns.
Our live virtual event platform is a seamless combination of video conference, chat and e-commerce functionalities coupled with innovative in-event interactions for the participants.
We are looking for a senior Android developer responsible for leading native Android software development efforts. The goal is to build consumer-facing Android applications that use vVents technology, but at a deeper level than the typical iOS methods. This role requires someone who knows the Android platform top to bottom, like how video feed player integrates with camera hardware and how to optimize HEVC workflow. Collaboration across company boundaries with partners will be required, so solid written and verbal communications skills, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, and the creation of quality products are essential. In this role, you will drive and shape the technical direction for our mobile engineering efforts.
- 3+ years experience working on the Android platform, with deep knowledge of Android OS architecture, hardware (OEM and chipset differences), and layers of the stack beyond the standard Android API.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Proficiency in managing and improving Project Architecture based on best coding & design patterns needed according to use case
- Strong knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Deep understanding of the camera and storage subsystems and image / video capture APIs
- Experience with offline storage and performance tuning
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, mobile QA and test frameworks, and Android build automation processes
- Knowledge of multi-threading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- You have experience writing unit tests
- You have some experience with web development
- You have experience at a remote startup
Your typical week:
- Leading the Android development of our core product and maintain product release cycle
- Collaborate with backend engineers to build new features for our growing client base
- Working with the Product Head to ideate, plan & design, features & integrations to be developed in the upcoming sprints.
- Monitoring code quality & results from unit testing
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.