Data Engineer (Python)
- Beursplein 37, 3011 AA Rotterdam, Netherlands
Build new product solutions and solve complex problems in the field of Data Engineering. That’s what we love to do! Being part of VONQ’s Engineering team means adding value and making a positive impact on the market. Do you also find AI in general and machine learning in particular intriguing? Apply for Data Engineer at VONQ in Rotterdam!
Data Engineer (Python)
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
Work on a unique product and deal with Data Engineering challenges every day!
As one of our Data Engineers, you’ll have a huge contribution to our flagship product: the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a data-driven application with a recommendation engine that advises recruiters how they should reach their target audience online. The platform is used daily by many clients, and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out further!
Your challenge? We're in the process of rebuilding our stack and tools, specifically our Product Knowledge Base in order to provide our customers with advanced tools for them to pick up the distribution channel that best fits their needs. You'll be part of the team working in this project that later will mutate into a recommendation engine.
How you get the job done
- Work in a multidisciplinary agile team
- Take part in critical product design efforts and hands-on with the implementation
- Contribute to the scalable streaming data processing application, environment and tools for resources efficiency
- Work with Big Data and web tracking technologies
- Engineer pipelines for processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Design and develop microservices as data consumers
- Be hands-on with AWS infrastructure and relational databases
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data- and DevOps Engineers, Designers, Scrum Masters and a CTO.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all, we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done!
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering or related sphere
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with working in an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with programming in Python is required
- Experience in working with data (integration of data from multiple data sources, building ETL pipelines, API development etc) is strongly desirable
- A DevOps mindset is needed, experience with AWS infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience with web tracking technologies is a big plus (we use Snowplow)
- Understanding of distributed computing principles and streaming applications
- Understanding of microservices concept is appreciated
This is why you can’t miss out on this opportunity
We promise that at VONQ you’ll never stop learning! You’ll be surrounded by international and experienced colleagues, so prepare yourself for some interesting and intellectual conversations.
Our product still has a lot of potential to grow, and YOU can make an impact on that. You’ll get freedom and space for your own initiatives, in fact, we encourage you!
We have legendary company outings, beers on Friday and lots of FUN!
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary, 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible (paid!) holidays
Are you up for the challenge? Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? You can reach out to pablo(at)vonq.com!
We are VONQ. Serving nearly 1,000 corporate clients, including several Fortune 500 customers. Operating from four offices in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and London, VONQ offers recruitment marketing technology to turn passive and active candidates into qualified applicants. Being the global gateway to attract applicants, our fully algorithm-powered technology offers recruitment teams access to all the media channels in the world and helps them select the most relevant channels for their jobs. To steer recruitment teams’ success, we offer performance data analytics and job market insights – all possible to access via their ATS or as a stand-alone solution.
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filter.