Senior Backend Developer (PHP)
- Beursplein 37, 3011 AA Rotterdam, Netherlands
You are a technically curious Backend PHP Developer who wants to be part of a core development product team. Do you understand (and maybe even already have experience with) the power of things like TDD, DDD and CQRS? Then apply for the position of Senior Backend Developer (PHP) at VONQ and be part of our team that builds our flagship product, tools and APIs that serve global customers!
Senior Backend Developer (PHP)
Rotterdam, fulltime position (32 - 40), starting ASAP
Lead critical product development efforts and get your hands dirty in the implementation of various applications/services!
You will be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to help recruiters market jobs online. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. The product is used everyday by our customers and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out to out further!
You'll be part of a dedicated engineering team, consisting of 15 (soon more!) engineers, and you’ll work closely with our CTO and our product development team.
What you actually will do
- Work in an agile (scrum) environment and deliver high-quality applications/services
- Write robust and efficient code primarily using PHP, Symfony and MySQL, and learn other languages/frameworks if needed
- Pro-actively lead development efforts for new product initiatives and feature development
- Implement & improve devops practices in your team such as CI, CD, and automated release management
- Mentor and support team members
What we need
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done!
- 5+ years relevant experience in PHP backend engineering for high-quality multi-tiered applications.
- Experience in working in a software team with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Experience in driving architecture, technology and team improvements while delivering new business value and features.
- Experience with practices such as Domain driven design, TDD, CI and CD
Bonus points for:
- Experience with devops and infrastructure practices and technology like CI, deployment automation, provisioning, Amazon AWS.
- Experience with event sourcing and CQRS.
- Experience with REST API design.
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team of different nationalities in a very casual environment. Thirdly, you'll have the opportunity to develop yourself everyday, and participate in meetups/conferences.
We often have a BBQ (and beers) on our terrace at the office and multicultural potluck lunches. Oh.. and you will have fun!
And there is more! We offer great things, such as:
- A good salary, 8% holiday allowance and additional incentives
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Time and budget for training
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible (paid!) holiday
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Plenty of whiteboards and sticky notes in our office!
Make impact on VONQ’s success!!
You can start by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? Contact Pablo Rigazzi through pablo(at)vonq.com.
We are VONQ. Serving nearly 1,000 corporate clients, including several Fortune 500 customers, such as Lidl and BMW Group Netherlands, among others. Operating from four offices in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and London, VONQ offers recruitment marketing technology to turn passive and active candidates into qualified applicants. Being the global gateway to attract applicants, our fully algorithm-powered technology offers recruitment teams access to all the media channels in the world and helps them select the most relevant channels for their jobs. To steer recruitment teams’ success, we offer performance data analytics and job market insights – all possible to access via their ATS or as a stand-alone solution.
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filter.