- Beursplein 37, 3011 AA Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Engineering
- Education degree: Bachelor
Are you a DevOps or System Engineer who can’t wait to be part of a growing team and to make an actual impact? At VONQ we do cool stuff, like building our flagship product the Job Marketing Platform, tools and APIs that serve global customers. Are you ready to get your hands dirty in the design, implementation and testing of various infrastructure services that are used by our development teams? Apply at VONQ for DevOps Engineer in Rotterdam!
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
Be part of our journey and bring our development process, infrastructure and engineering practices to the next level
As our DevOps Engineer you will be the one leading critical platform development efforts. What you’ll actually be contributing to? Our core products, the Job Marketing Platform (JMP) and the Marketplace API. It’s a data-driven application with a recommendation engine that is advising recruiters how they should reach their target audience online.
We have an ambitious roadmap for the upcoming period. Your part in the process? We will start to utilise more and more DevOps practices - and that’s where you come in!
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data Engineers and a CTO.
Your day-to-day job in a nutshell as VONQ’s DevOps Engineer
- Make fully functional environments available on demand for the development team
- Ensure that our infrastructure and application landscape are brought in great shape by automation, repeatability and simplification of what we have
- Provide guidance and support on application architecture as we move to a more cloud and container-based architecture
- Ensure a smooth flow of work for all of our development teams
- Enable fast clear feedback for our development team (and the wider business) on application changes, by providing clear logging, metrics and supporting the team's testing infrastructure
- You'll work in a team of two devops engineers to make our architectural and business goals a reality
- You'll be the one leading the DevOps revolution within our teams, helping our developers adopt DevOps practices until they can do most by themselves
Great understanding of DevOps practices and an Agile mindset, that is you!
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all, we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done! Furthermore, we think you need:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, you can communicate your points and ideas well and make sure to build up agreements and synergies
- Experience working in application development, systems or IT operations
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g. AWS, docker)
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, ansible)
- Great understanding DevOps practices and why to use them (e.g. CI, CD, automated testing)
- Experience coding (e.g. PHP, Scala, Python)
- Experience with at least some of our middleware and databases: NGINX, PHP-FPM, Elasticsearch, MySQL
- Experience in contributing to the systems architecture of a company
Last but not least, you are not afraid to get your hands dirty on older infrastructure, to maintain it and migrate it to the new environment.
- Experience with data engineering (e.g. spark, scala, databricks)
- Worked as part of a distributed (or international) team
This is why you should join our team
We promise that at VONQ you’ll never stop learning! You’ll be surrounded by international and experienced colleagues, so prepare yourself for some interesting and intellectual conversations.
Our product has still a lot of potentials to grow, and YOU can make an impact on that. You’ll get freedom and space for your own initiatives, in fact, we encourage you!
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary and 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible (paid!) holiday
Up for the challenge? Join VONQ as DevOps Engineer and make things happen! You can start by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? Contact Pablo Rigazzi through pablo(at)vonq.com.
We are VONQ. Serving nearly 1,000 corporate clients, including several Fortune 500 customers, such as Lidl and BMW Group Netherlands, among others. Operating from four offices in Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf and London, VONQ offers recruitment marketing technology to turn passive and active candidates into qualified applicants. Being the global gateway to attract applicants, our fully algorithm-powered technology offers recruitment teams access to all the media channels in the world and helps them select the most relevant channels for their jobs. To steer recruitment teams’ success, we offer performance data analytics and job market insights – all possible to access via their ATS or as a stand-alone solution.
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filter.