- Westblaak 175, 3012 KN Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Engineering
- Education degree: Bachelor
Are you a DevOps, System or Cloud Engineer who can’t wait to be part of a growing team and to make actual impact? At VONQ we are building the best engineering team of Rotterdam, and build awesome things like our flagship product the Job Marketing Platform, tools and APIs that serve global customers. Are you ready to get your hands dirty in the design, implementation and testing of various platform services that are used by our development teams? Apply at VONQ for DevOps Engineer in Rotterdam!
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
Be part of our journey and bring our development process, infrastructure and engineering practices to the next level.
As our DevOps Engineer you will be leading critical platform development efforts. What you’ll actually be contributing to? Our core platform, the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a data-driven application with a recommendation engine that is advising recruiters how they should reach their target audience online.
We have an ambitious roadmap for the upcoming period. Where do you come in? Enable our development teams to deliver great stuff in a reliable and scalable way, and improving our DevOps practices every day.
You will be part of an international and experienced Product & Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data Engineers, Agile Coach and a CTO.
Your day-to-day job in a nutshell
- Live and advocate our DevOps principles: simplicity, be in control, continuous improvement!
- Ensure that our infrastructure and application landscape improve every day and are in great shape.
- Provide guidance and support on platform & application architecture to the development teams as we move to a cloud and container based platform.
- Ensure a smooth flow of work for all of our development teams, evangelise and show continuous delivery practices.
- Enable fast clear feedback for our development team (and the wider business) on application changes, by providing clear logging, metrics and supporting the team's testing infrastructure.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that are eager to grow, love to work together, and love to get things done! Furthermore we think you need:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Great understanding of DevOps & continuous delivery practices
- Experience with AWS and Docker, and DevOps & provisioning tooling (we use Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Datadog)
- Experience with some of our middleware and databases: NGINX, PHP-FPM, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache Spark
- Experience of working in a scrum team
- Excellent communication skills in English
Last but not least, you are able to get your hands dirty on legacy infrastructure, maintain it and migrate it to the new environment.
- Experience with application development (e.g. PHP, Scala)
- Experience with data engineering (e.g. Apache Spark, Scala, Databricks)
- Worked as part of an international team
This is why you should join our team
- A good salary and 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited (paid!) holidays
- Pension contribution
- Working in the most progressive city of NL
- You get to work for a European leading company in the recruitment industry
- Time and budget for training, and plenty of talented colleagues to learn from!
Oh, and we have legendary company outings, beers on Friday and a lot of FUN!
Up for the challenge? Join VONQ as DevOps Engineer and make things happen! Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? You can reach out to Sarah (recruiter) through sarahellithy(at)vonq.com.