- Westblaak 175, 3012 KN Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Engineering
- Level of education: Bachelor's degree
Are you a DevOps or System Engineer who can’t wait to be part of a growing team and to make actual impact? At VONQ we do cool stuff, like building our flagship product the Job Marketing Platform, tools and APIs that serve global customers. Are you ready to get your hands dirty in the design, implementation and testing of various infrastructure services that are used by our development teams? Apply at VONQ for DevOps Engineer in Rotterdam!
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
Be part of our journey and bring our development process, infrastructure and engineering practices to the next level
As our Devops Engineer you will be the one leading critical platform development efforts. What you’ll actually be contributing to? Our core product, the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a data-driven application with a recommendation engine that is advising recruiters how they should reach their target audience online.
We have an ambitious roadmap for the upcoming period. Your part in the process? We will start to utilise more and more DevOps practices - and that’s where you come in!
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data Engineers, an Agile Coach and a CTO.
Your day-to-day job in a nutshell as VONQ’s DevOps Engineer
- Make fully functional environments available on demand for the development team
- Ensure that our infrastructure and application landscape are brought in great shape by automation, repeatability and simplification of what we have.
- Provide guidance and support on application architecture as we move to a more cloud and container based architecture
- Ensure a smooth flow of work for all of our development teams
- Enable fast clear feedback for our development team (and the wider business) on application changes, by providing clear logging, metrics and supporting the team's testing infrastructure
- You'll work in a team of two devops engineers to make our architectural and business goals a reality
Great understanding of DevOps practices and an Agile mindset, that is you!
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done! Furthermore we think you need:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience working in application development, systems or IT operations
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g. AWS, docker)
- Great understanding DevOps practices and why to use them (e.g. CI,CD, Infrastructure as code, automated testing)
- You can develop an array of tools using various programming languages (e.g. PHP, Scala, Python)
- Experience with at least some of our middleware and databases: NGINX, PHPFPM, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MySQL, Mongo, Apache Spark
- Experience in contributing to the systems architecture of a company
Last but not least, you are not afraid to get your hands dirty on older infrastructure, to maintain it and migrate it to the new environment.
- Experience with application development (e.g. PHP, Scala, Ruby, Golang)
- Experience with data engineering (e.g. spark, scala, databricks)
- Worked as part of a distributed (or international) team
This is why you should join our team
We promise that at VONQ you’ll never stop learning! You’ll be surrounded by international and experienced colleagues, so prepare yourself for some interesting and intellectual conversations.
Our product has still a lot of potential to grow, and YOU can make impact on that. You’ll get freedom and space for own initiatives, in fact, we encourage you!
We have legendary company outing, beers on Friday and lots of FUN!
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary and 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible (paid!) holidays
- Time and budget for training
- Relocation support, and more!
Up for the challenge? Join VONQ as System Engineer and make things happen! Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? You can reach out to [email protected]!