Data Engineer (Spark, Python, Scala)
- Westblaak 175, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Department: Engineering
- Level of education: Bachelor's degree
Build new product solutions and solve complex problems in the field of Data Engineering. That’s what we love to do! Being part of VONQ’s Engineering team means adding value and making a positive impact on the market. Do you also find AI in general and machine learning in particular intriguing? Apply for Data Engineer at VONQ in Rotterdam!
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
Work on a unique product and deal with Data Engineering challenges every day!
As one of our Data Engineers, you’ll have a huge contribution to our flagship product: the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a data-driven application with a recommendation engine that advises recruiters how they should reach their target audience online. The platform is used daily by many clients, and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out further!
Your challenge? You’ll work on the analytics part of our platform where we provide insights to our customers on how applicants act while applying to a certain position. You’ll engineer data pipelines to integrate data sources from tracking systems (Snowplow) and other systems to build and visualize insights!
How you get the job done
- Work in a multidisciplinary agile team
- Take part in critical product design efforts and hands-on with the implementation
- Contribute to the scalable streaming data processing application, environment and tools for resources efficiency
- Work with Big Data and web tracking technologies
- Engineer pipelines for processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Design and develop microservices as data consumers
- Be hands-on with AWS infrastructure and relational databases
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data- and DevOps Engineers, Designers, an Agile Coach and a CTO.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all, we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done!
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering or related sphere
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with working in an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience with programming in Scala or Python is required
- Experience in working with data (integration of data from multiple data sources, building ETL pipelines, API development etc) is strongly desirable
- A DevOps mindset is needed, experience with AWS infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with web tracking technologies is a big plus (we use Snowplow)
- Understanding of distributed computing principles and streaming applications
- Understanding of microservices concept is appreciated
This is why you can’t miss out on this opportunity
We promise that at VONQ you’ll never stop learning! You’ll be surrounded by international and experienced colleagues, so prepare yourself for some interesting and intellectual conversations.
Our product still has a lot of potential to grow, and YOU can make an impact on that. You’ll get freedom and space for own initiatives, in fact, we encourage you!
We have legendary company outings, beers on Friday and lots of FUN!
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary, 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited (paid!) holidays
- Time and budget for training
- Relocation support and more!
Are you up for the challenge? Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? You can reach out to [email protected]!