Senior Data Engineer with Spark / Scala
- Westblaak 175, Rotterdam, nl
- Department: Engineering
- Level of education: Bachelor's degree
Build new product solutions and solve complex problems in the field of Data Engineering. That’s what you love to do! Being part of VONQ’s Engineering team means adding value and making positive impact on the market. You find AI in general and machine learning in particular. Intriguing? Apply for Data Engineer at VONQ in Rotterdam!
Senior Data Engineer with Spark / Scala
Rotterdam, fulltime, ASAP
Work on a unique product and deal with Data Engineering challenges every day!
As our Sr. Data Engineer you’ll have a huge contribution to our core product: the Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a big data-driven application with a recommendation engine to help recruiters market jobs online. The platform is used daily by many clients, and we have an ambitious roadmap to build it out further!
Your main responsibility is to develop and improve our data platform, which consists of various components - from ETL, machine learning and real time streaming data pipelines to web services aimed to provide our consumers valuable processed information. We integrate various data sources, from internal stored data (in Elastic, MySQL, Postgres, S3, etc) and tracking systems (Snowplow), to external integrations using 3rd party data.
How you get the job done
- Work in a multidisciplinary agile team
- Take part in critical product design & architecture efforts and be hands-on with the implementation. This covers the entire stack, including also infrastructure and platform related efforts
- Develop scalable data applications, ETL, Machine Learning & Analytics processing pipelines
- Contribute to environment setups/configs and tools for resources efficiency in order to solve complex business tasks
- Design and develop microservices for data consumers
- Challenge, provide guidelines, and mentor junior/medior team members
You will be part of an international and experienced Engineering department consisting of Backend and Frontend Developers, Data- and DevOps Engineers, Designers, an Agile Coach and a CTO.
What our perfect picture looks like
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all, we value people that are eager to grow, autonomous, work together, and love to get things done!
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering and an Agile mindset
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Strong hands-on experience in building data solutions (ETL batch and streaming pipelines, ML, micro-services)
- Strong experience with programming in Spark (using Scala) in production environments is required
- Experience in using web tracking and message-queue technologies, databases and text search indexes) is strongly desirable
- A DevOps mind- and skillset: experience with CI/CD, AWS infrastructure, Kubernetes, Docker and Databricks platform is a huge plus
- Good knowledge in Machine Learning algorithms and knowing how to apply them to solve business problems is much appreciated. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientist, hence developing and facilitating the roll-out of machine learning models into production should not be “strange” to you
- Productionizing machine learning models using off-the-shelf technologies is a plus
This is why you can’t miss out on this opportunity
There’s never a dull moment at VONQ’s Engineering team! While you are working your data magic, you’ll get freedom and space to design and implement solutions that you believe are good for the business. In fact, we encourage you!
We have legendary company outing, beers on Friday and lots of FUN!
There is more! We offer:
- A good salary, 8% holiday allowance
- 100% commuting expenses compensation
- Flexible working hours and unlimited (paid!) holidays
- Pension contribution
- Time and budget for training
- Relocation support and more!
Are you up for the challenge? Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button. Questions? Get in touch with Sarah Ellithy (Recruiter) -> sarahellithy(at)vonq.com.