Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
- 1 International Square, Kansas City, MO 64153, USA
Founded in 2002, VMD is an award-winning provider of Agile Software Engineering, Digital Infrastructure, Cybersecurity, Mission Advisory, and Transportation Security Services to numerous U.S. Federal Government clients including projects across both DoD and Civilian agencies. We specialize in high-level, tip of the spear engagements with a significant impact on mission success for our clients.
Why Join VMD Corp?
VMD fosters a culture that is founded on Eight Core Values and you can watch what our Core Values mean to our Vision Mission Driven employees.
VMD Employees envision the future. We hold ourselves accountable and hold each other to equally high standards. Our people recognize and reward greatness and are humble in doing so. VMD Employees understand big accomplishments take a team. Our people learn from both our mistakes and successes; we pursue improvement relentlessly, objectively and without bias. We share our thoughts and ideas with purpose and transparency. We commit to the mission, the customer and to each other. We love being nimble and producing results.
Our team is one of the best in the business.
VMD Corp is a privately-owned company providing aviation security services for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and privatized airports. VMD participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Screening Partnership Program (SPP) by providing passenger, employee, and checked baggage screening services at various airports across the United States.
VMD’s mission is to work on the high priority of our nation’s critical air travel infrastructure and has been recognized as a leader in protecting foreign and domestic travelers within our borders.
Your Impact to the Mission:
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career supporting our nation's first line of defense against threats to our air traffic? At VMD, you will have the opportunity utilize your great customer service and critical-thinking skills while ensuring the safety of the traveling public. As a Transportation Security Officer (TSO) working alongside a team of aviation security professionals, you will be responsible for identifying dangerous objects in property and/or on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircrafts. Additionally, the Transportation Security Officer (TSO) will be responsible for:
- Operating various screening equipment.
- Conducting passenger pat-downs and property searches; lifting/carrying bags (up to 50 pounds), bins and property.
- Continuously and effectively interacting with the public by giving directions and responding to inquiries providing the traveling public with the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
- Providing effective decision making in both crisis and routine situations; maintain focus and awareness within a stressful distracting environment.
Experience Needed to Be Successful:
- No prior security experience required; all required training is provided and compensated.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with proficiency in the English language; ability to read, write, speak and comprehend.
- Ability to operate security equipment at screening checkpoints.
- Attention to detail, interpersonal skills with established reliable work values.
- Ability to successfully complete required classroom, on-the-job training, and certification exams.
- Able to work irregular hours and/or shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to retain knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Education Requirement: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? Yes. A minimum of one year of full-time work experience in security aviation screening or x-ray technician work
- Required Certification(s): None
- Age requirement: Must be 18 years of age
- Work Status Required: US Citizen
Minimum Clearance to Start:
Ability to obtain a successful background investigation including criminal and credit checks. Credit checks that reveal anyone (1) of the following will result in ineligibility for this position:
- Defaulted on $7500 or more in debt (excluding certain circumstances of bankruptcy)
- Owe any delinquent federal or state taxes or any past due child support payments.
Other conditions of Continued Employment:
Individuals must meet set medical standards to be eligible for this position:
- Hearing, vision screening (20/20 corrected), color test, blood pressure, agility, and standard drug screening.
- Hourly Wage: $16.56 per hour
- Total Compensation: $25.88 per hour including hourly wage, benefits, and retirement options.
- VMD offers a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits are offered for employees working 30 hours per week or more and include: medical insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, short term disability, long term disability, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, 401k/401a plans, and an employee referral program.
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Telecommute Option: No
- Relocation: Relocation is not provided.
- Travel: None currently. However, in the foreseeable future it may require travelling to Glynco, GA for 2 weeks to complete required training at the FLETC Training Academy or at another location determined by the TSA. This will be followed with on-the-job training and required certification testing.
VMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. VMD maintains a drug-free workplace.