Global Director of Group Sales (Remote/ Europe/ US)
- Paris, France
- Employees can work remotely
Mews was founded in 2012 by a team of former hoteliers, and since then has been transforming hospitality for both hotel staff and guests.
Essentially, Mews is a Property Management System (PMS), a powerful software platform that acts as a central nervous system for hotels, hostels, apartments and more. They use smart tech and automation to make day-to-day operations easier for hoteliers, so they can focus on the thing that really matters: providing remarkable guest experiences.
Mews is a true game-changer in the market as they are designed to both simplify and automate all operations for modern hoteliers and their guests. From the booking engine to check-out, from front desk to revenue management, every process is easier, faster and more connected. Finally, with the integrated Mews Payments ecosystem, every transaction is secure and seamless.
Over 2,000+ properties across 60+ countries are powered by Mews, with more joining every week. Bookings, payments, operations, guest management – everything a hotel needs to operate can be done through our solution. We work with some of the world’s most amazing hotels, including Sage Hospitality Group, Machefert Group, The Student Hotel, and Tsogo Sun Hotels.
Your role as Global Director of Group Sales;
This position as Global Director of Group Sales is a new, highly important, and very visible position within Mews. In this role, you will be part of the Commercial management team and will report directly to the Global VP of Sales, based in the US. You will be responsible for defining the strategy, managing, and training of the global enterprise team, responsible for selling the Mews Property Management System (PMS) to hotel groups/ chains with multiple properties. Currently this team is reporting to the VP, but the team now needs to rapidly scale led by this hire.
We are looking for an experienced entrepreneurial sales leader who is not only hands-on, but can also define the strategy, manage, and train this global team to exceed their targets. An established (global) network and deep market knowledge in the hospitality industry are essential for this role, preferably with relationships at the C-level in hotel groups/chains. Additionally, working experience in a SaaS company is a big plus.
Mews is a fast-paced technology company, so you’ll need to also be tech savvy as we are highly committed to fully embracing a SaaS culture to run our business.
Lastly, the preferred candidate would be based in Europe or on the East-Coast of the US. As it is a global position, intensive travelling is required.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Mews to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role and important role.
Your responsibilities are:
• Establish and deliver on a strategy to expand the Mews global Group Enterprise customer base;
• Manage and support the current Group Enterprise Sales team to consistently meet and exceed agreed sales targets by ensuring the team has all aspects they require to be successful in their role;
• Recruit and develop top tier talent to expand the Group Enterprise Sales team aligned with the Mews global expansion strategy;
• Manage senior level Group Enterprise customer relationships and participate in closing key strategic opportunities for the business;
• Play a key role in defining sales process that drives desired sales outcomes and identify improvements to help scale the Commercial business;
• Provide timely and regular reports on the Group Enterprise team’s operations and performance along with accurate sales forecasting;
• Collaborate both within the Commercial team, as well as with other key internal stakeholders, to understand customer challenges and provide guidance and insight into how Mews can maintain an industry leading customer experience;
• Constantly monitor market conditions and customer specific strategic and operational factors to ensure that current reliable market intelligence is procured upon which sales opportunities can be fully realized;
• Help develop key second line leadership within the Group Enterprise team to foster career growth as the Mews business scales.
Our new Global Director of Group Sales will have:
• 10+ years in enterprise SaaS and/or Hospitality sales experience with 5+ years in sales management;
• Established network in the Hospitality industry, preferably in the Hotel Group/Chain environment;
• Substantial and successful experience leading a sales team towards the achievement of sales objectives and targets;
• Strategic and persistent with an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to be part of a fast-growth start-up environment;
• Experience managing and closing complex sales cycles with demonstrated ownership of all aspects of your pipeline;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coach and develop sales teams globally;
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions;
• Strength in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask;
• Exceptional leadership skills and ability to move and influence the team towards a common goal and objective;
• Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business value that can be provided by Mews;
• Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company;
• Available for extensive global travelling.
Mews was voted the Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech in 2021.
Mews offers you a challenging position with vast career prospects in a fast-growing international hospitality SaaS company.
Mews offers a highly competitive remuneration package with compelling benefits like; Company shares, Unlimited holidays, Health and wellness plans, Flexible Benefits, Remote and flexible working hours, Regular team events and socials, plus a legendary annual company gathering.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements, please send your English resume via the apply button to VITRU, The European Executive Recruitment Firm. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU in The Netherlands, via +31 6 19 79 80 68 (www.vitru-hr.com)