Global Business Intelligence Manager (Europe/Home-Based)
- Waterloo Rd, London SE1, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Morgan Advanced Materials is a company which manufactures specialist products, using carbon, advanced ceramics and composites. The company is headquartered in Windsor, United Kingdom, and has 85 sites across 30 countries, around 7500 employees and a revenue of around £ 910 million.
The Electrical Carbon business is one of the 5 Business Units of Morgan Advanced Materials and develops and manufactures a wide range of electrical carbon brushes and collectors, brush holders, slip rings and linear transfer systems, which are used to transfer electrical current between stationary and rotating or linear moving parts in motor, generator, and current collector applications.
Our products are engineered for specific customer applications and they are often required to operate in harsh or extreme environments. Electrical Carbon’s main markets are rail, industrial drives, power generation, iron and steel, mining and wind. The business’s core strength is its longstanding materials and applications experience and its ability to engineer appropriate, reliable solutions for individual customer requirements.
Your role as Global BI Manager;
Morgan Advanced Materials is looking for a Business Intelligence Manager for their Electrical Carbon Global Business Unit. In this new role you will have a global responsibility and you will report directly to the Finance Director of this Division. As part of the Global Finance Organisation, your main objective for this role is to integrate data sets from our sites, regions, sales and operations entities into a single ‘master data’ format aligned as per defined global policy.
You will be responsible for managing the current inventory of data, ensuring total quality and organisation-wide optimization but also developing, owning and maintaining all governance within the GBU relating to data and owning the process to consider and align on changes or enhancements to the governance. Because it is a new and stand-alone role, you can design it your way, using all your past work knowledge and experiences and bringing it all together into this role.
The interesting part of this role is that it is a highly visible and necessary position, a combination between hands-on data-mining but also tactical and high-level analyses combining it into robust business information tools and reporting which facilitate strong decision making and accountability.
The preferred candidate lives in Europe and has a proven Business Intelligence experience gained in a manufacturing environment. As this is a home-based position, we are looking for a self-starter who has an entrepreneurial mindset and socially very well equipped to have clear discussions with different stakeholders. Your English needs to be fluent in writing and speaking and your excel knowledge is excellent as well as being IT savvy to establish data flow architecture and manage It system changes with the IT team.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Morgan Advanced Materials to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
Your responsibilities are:
- Defining the data management strategies (over short, medium and long term) to ensure effective and timely delivery of information;
- Liaising with business teams to create a robust reporting suite which facilitates strong decision making and accountability;
- Developing, owning and maintaining data governance policies and processes; ensuring they are well understood and documented to ensure continuity and stability;
- Being the primary advocate for good data management (including standard and governance);
- Building and maintaining relationships with cross-functional leaders owning different data systems, actively driving engagement, adoption and usage – and providing processes, training and support to ensure data quality standards are maintained;
- Communicating Effectively with internal stakeholders to build confidence in the accuracy and quality of data, and work collaboratively to address perceived gaps in the data;
- Working with stakeholders to establish training and a change management program to combine the different inputs into a global data format. This function is essential to ensure all necessary inputs are made to the Business Intelligence process;
- Managing the ongoing quality and application of data supporting the organization, ensuring high quality data and appropriate use;
- Addressing inquiries from internal and external teams and investigate and resolve (as needed) data discrepancies;
- Partnering with IT to establish data flow architecture within current and future data systems and manage through IT system changes;
- Collaborating across Morgan to ensure data structures are aligned with corporate requirements;
- Advising business teams on best data sources to leverage for a given business question or insight.
Our new BI Manager:
- A minimum of five years of professional work experience in Financial Data Management and Business Intelligence;
- Data governance experienced;
- Knowledge of Enterprise-level Master Data Management platforms;
- Experience in working with financial, marketing, and operations data;
- Minimum requirement of a first degree in computer science, Information Systems, finance or engineering. Master’s degree in these or similar disciplines preferred;
- Experience working in a global, multi-national, multi-cultural company in a matrixed environment;
- Proven track record managing complex, large-scale projects with overlapping resource requirements;
- Proven ability to work in distributed systems;
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities;
- Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills in English, another languages is a plus;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Experience in directing others without line management control;
- Confidence in presenting to senior management in non-technical language;
- Constantly looking for new ways to test ideas and stretch oneself mentally;
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices trends affecting the organization and markets;
- Directing others without authority – Ability to lead and influence others;
- Able to build respect, allowing you to direct individuals without line manager responsibility;
- Able to travel internationally.
Morgan offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast-growing international company. They also offer a very competitive remuneration package and bonus scheme.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your English resume via the apply button to VITRU, The European Executive Recruitment Firm. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU via +34 627 523 628 (www.vitru-hr.com)