Global Director Online Marketing
- Schlesische Str. 29-30, 10997 Berlin, Germany
Native Instruments is the world market leader as manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based audio production and DJing. The company's mission is to develop innovative, fully integrated solutions for all musical styles and professions. The resulting products regularly push technological boundaries and open up new creative horizons for professionals and amateurs alike.
Native Instruments has grown since 1996. We have six locations; Berlin (HQ), London, Paris, Shenzhen, Tokyo and Los Angeles. With around 400 people and over 40 nationalities we are a truly global company with English as a company language.
Native Instruments has a unique but changing culture and is a business full of people who are highly engaged and hugely passionate about the company they work for.
From an organizational perspective Native Instruments must continue to live up to the vision of truly democratizing music creation. This will be supported with a radical yet evolutionary employer brand redefinition to evolve and further expand the culture, values and purpose of the company, both internally and externally.
Your role as Global Director Online Marketing;
We are looking for an experienced Global Director Online Marketing to join Native Instrument’s Marketing team. This new role will be based in the Company’s headquarters in Berlin and will report to our Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and will manage a team of 5FTE (and growing).
You will lead Native Instrument’s global online acquisition and retention strategies. You will further professionalise, develop and execute high visibility e-commerce marketing programs and support the overall e-commerce strategy that drive Native Instrument’s growth.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience with online marketing and will have deep experience in a few of the key focus channels (e.g. SEM, SEO, Email, CRO, etc.) and a broad understanding of all. One of the requirements will be to understand and have worked on Attribution and be comfortable with data (e.g. Expert in Excel, SQL preferred). You know how to make the difference with defining smart, effective and differentiating online marketing strategies for our global platform. You gained your Online Marketing experience preferably in the consumer internet domain inside a global corporate organisation. You have experience in managing a team, have a hands-on work attitude with a strategic vision, highly analytical and data driven. You are extremely positive and have a can-do mentality with an entrepreneurial mindset. You know how to motivate your team and make them excel.
What we offer is true ownership of a critical business function and the ability to define the strategic direction for a strong and eager team. Additionally, you would be working for a company that has and continues to transform how music is produced and played.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Native Instruments to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
What You will Do:
• Working with the Online Marketing team to continuously optimize Online acquisition channels (e.g. SEO, SEM, Email, CRO, Paid Social, Display, Affiliate) and Retention channels (e.g. CRM, retargeting) with a focus on CAC: LTV and increasing MAU;
• Developing a world class online marketing strategy that both fits into - and helps influence - the Corporate strategy and the Marketing Org’s overall strategy;
• Building a world-class online marketing team, with a big focus on performance;
• Bringing thought leadership to the Company by helping to rethink how E-commerce at Native instruments could and should work while focusing specifically on the areas that Marketing owns;
• Managing global promotions and offers strategies - while maintaining profitability and addressing competitors’ tactics - and align with the Sales & Product teams;
• Governing top-line acquisition performance to effectively manage run-rates and meet and exceed our ambitious growth targets;
• Rethinking our tracking and attribution logic and develop approaches that help to inform product strategy, channel focus, target setting and budgeting;
• Working with Data Science to improve Marketing reporting and developing deeper customer insights;
• Helping to build a scalable A/B testing infrastructure and provide thought leadership for the cross-functional team that improves landing page performance Company wide;
• Budgeting all acquisition efforts in close collaboration with Marketing leadership and Finance;
• Facilitating the collaboration between Performance and Brand objectives to achieve impactful visual and written consistency across all channels;
• Helping to define and test our audience strategy globally.
What You’ll Bring:
• 12+ Years of experience as a growth marketing leader;
• Management experience;
• Extensive experience with online marketing;
• Deep experience in a few of the key focus channels (eg. SEM, SEO, Email, CRO, etc.) and broad understanding of all;
• Hands-on experience with most online marketing channels, with a focus on paid acquisition and CRM, preferably for a Marketplace or E-commerce company;
• Knowledge of and worked on attribution;
• Comfortable with data (e.g. Expert in Excel, SQL preferred);
• Knowledge of subscription businesses is preferred;
• International/ global mindset;
• Clear track record of successfully marketing consumer products;
• Experience in building successful teams;
• Analytical mindset and a data-driven approach;
• Experience in interpreting and analysing performance data, and translating that data into actions;
• Great influencing skills;
• Not afraid to constantly challenge the status quo and obsess about problems solving;
• A super open mind and likes change and the chance to embrace and come up with new ideas and new ways of working;
• Great accountability & ownership to go the extra mile, Super positive, super eager and can-do;
• Challenge the status quo, come up with new hypotheses, you prove them right or wrong and act upon;
• Affinity with music is a big plus and highly appreciated;
• Fluent written and spoken English is necessary; German is a plus;
• Able to move to Berlin if necessary and able to travel occasionally.
We ask a lot, but also an offer you can’t refuse:
Native Instruments offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast-growing international company. They also offer a very competitive remuneration package. If necessary, they provide a relocation package.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your English resume via the apply button to VITRU, The European Executive Recruitment Firm in Barcelona. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU via +34 627 523 628 (www.vitru-hr.com)