Sales Manager Iberia
- Home Based, Home Based, Spain or Portugal, Spain
Immucor Inc. is a leading provider of transfusion and transplantation diagnostic products, that facilitate patient-donor compatibility, on a worldwide scale. Immucor’s mission is to ensure that patients in need of blood, organs, or stem cells get the right match that is safe, accessible, and affordable.
Established in 1982, Immucor has a history of innovating to improve transfusion and transplantation medicine and is a valued partner to thousands of healthcare organizations.
The result of Immucor’s products are life changing for a patient in need of a transfusion or transplant. As a global company with around 1000 FTEs and revenue of $400 million we are a global leader. Immucor is owned by TPG Capital.
In Europe there are direct offices in multiple countries complemented by distributor partnerships. The European HQ is located just south of Frankfurt, Germany.
Immucor focuses on two main areas:
- Transfusion / Immunohematology diagnostics: Develops, manufactures and commercializes a complete line of serology and molecular based reagents and instruments used by hospitals, reference labs and donor centres to perform blood typing, and antibody screening and identification.
- Transplant diagnostics: Develops, manufactures and commercializes a complete line of solutions to perform HLA typing, and antibody screening and identification across multiple technologies including serology, molecular and advanced next generation sequencing.
Your role as Sales Manager Iberia;
As Sales Manager Iberia you will be responsible for managing sales and revenue of the Immucor products/ technologies within Spain and Portugal (the Region). The Sales Manager reports to the General Manager Iberia and manages 6 area managers.
As potential candidate a background in Immunohematology, In-vitro- or blood diagnostics is required, as well as experience in management, able to travel intensively and fluent English language skills.
On daily basis you will be working on, among other things, ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through strategic planning (product promotion, placement, tendering, pricing) and working with existing relationships as well as developing new customer relationships, combined with managing, guiding and supporting your team so they can excel in their role.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting Immucor to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
Your responsibilities are:
• Responsibility for the commercial results in the Region;
• Managing sales team and providing strategic direction on how they can reach/exceed their individual goals;
• Collecting, analysing market feedback and transfer to relevant departments of the organization;
• Creating and implementing required reports on the productivity of sales by establishing revenue goals, managing contribution margin and exceeding goals;
• Acting as primary interface between the sales team and the Marketing/Technical Services departments of Iberia;
• Identifying and prioritising sales opportunities, formulating commercial strategies and developing business plans for the Region;
• Monitoring strategy execution as well as competitive tactics and strategies;
• Educating sales team by providing guidance in the area of new account sales and growth, profitability, improving presentation strategies, competitive strategies, using of sales support and management of financial issues on contracts;
• Negotiating sales prices, supervising bids and tenders and close contracts in consultation with the General Manager, Iberia.
• Assisting in and supporting the implementation of and execution of company marketing plans;
• Playing a key role in tenders/quotations: preparing needed documents, analysis and calculations for tenders/quotations;
• Holding regular meetings with sales team;
• Attending local trade shows, congresses and workshops.
Our new Sales Manager Iberia has:
• Experience with Immunohematology, In-Vitro diagnostics or blood diagnostics;
• Working knowledge of the medical diagnostic field;
• Strong understanding of the in-vitro diagnostic landscape;
• Blood Transfusion lab experience;
• Experience with Blood Banking;
• Sales experience;
• 4 years’ plus experience in a Management role;
• Spanish and/or Portuguese native speaker;
• Fluent in English – spoken and written
• Ability to travel extensively within the Region;
• Service-oriented mentality and a strong focus on customer needs;
• Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to build and motivate teams;
• Strategic planning ability and the drive to achieve and stretch targets;
• Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and at all organizational levels;
• Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills;
• Solid analytical skills;
• Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment;
• An enthusiastic, positive, fairly independent and energetic individual;
• A team-player able to manage by influencing.
We ask a lot, but also an offer you can’t refuse:
Immucor offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast-growing international company. They also offer a very competitive remuneration package, a company car and a bonus scheme.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements, please send your English resume via the apply button to VITRU | International Executive Recruitment. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU via +34 627 523 628 (www.vitru-hr.com)