- South-West Germany, South-West Germany, de
A global medical device organisation.
As HR Director you will be responsible for all Human Resources topics for an international Medical Devices division of a Global organization. You will be based in South-West Germany with weekly travel to other locations in Germany and occasionally travel abroad to another European location.
You will have a solid reporting line to the Head of the Division. Approx. 10 HR professionals will report into you (either directly or indirectly). The division consists of approximately 1.000 FTE.
As there are manufacturing sites, a good understanding and experience of German Union environment and works council is essential. Experience and understanding of the “IG Metal” Union is preferred.
We prefer you to have experience in comparable industry, anything that is regulated or must deal with boundaries set by authorities such as med tech, bio-tech, food, pharmaceuticals and/or automotive.
If you are a great leader and have influencing skills, HR management experience and implementing management skills, then we are looking for you. Also, within the organisation there is a strong desire for a more can-do / positive attitude, ownership, strategic capacity and ability to sparring-partner on senior level. You should be fluent in German and English as well as a great people manager and team player. Occasional working from home (1 day per week) can be discussed. If you are interested but live far away, don’t hesitate to apply as we can offer a relocation package.
VITRU | International Executive Recruitment is exclusively assisting to recruit the best candidate for this crucial role.
Your responsibilities are:
- Build strong relationships to key stakeholder of all levels and get ‘elected’ as trusted advisor on HR topics;
- Act as owner and co-promoter / marketer of the learning management systems;
- Implement / enhance a professional HR cycle supporting a high-performance culture ranging across the entire HR value chain;
- Ensure that all HR activities are in line with legislation, compliance, quality, best practice and business requirements as well as company policies;
- Provide professional advice to management on matters related to Human Resources and participate in meetings with management, boards, works council and Unions;
- Acts as first point of contact towards local works councils;
- Provide framework for efficient and effective HR Planning, HR development, HR marketing and recruiting;
- Manage day-to-day operational issues and problems;
- Adhere to standard policies and procedures and acts as a role-model to all employees;
- Manages, motivates and directs job responsibilities of immediate staff and allocate work accordingly;
- Particular focus is expected to be on strategic employer branding and recruitment, introduction of a structured and content based on-boarding program, performance appraisals, potential assessment, succession planning, feedback tools / mechanisms such as employee opinion survey and retention.
- Similar HR Management experience required;
- Operational strategist: can very well act on both strategic and operational level;
- Strong networking / relationship building skills and able to actively engage and align with stakeholders and peers;
- Good listener with a high level of empathy and excellent communication / presentation skills;
- Can-do attitude, positive mindset, ownership-taker, thinking & acting in solutions;
- Living up to the core values of honesty & integrity;
- Well experienced in operating in an international matrix environment;
- KPI / analytics and results driven;
- Brings expert HR toolbox in the areas of:
- Attracting, Recruitment and Talent Management;
- Performance Management;
- Change Management;
- Employee relations /Industry Relations (especially in works council/union negotiations).
- Regulatory savvy;
- Extremely diligent, is always following up and has strong business acumen;
- Very strong German and English language skills, both oral and in writing;
- Driving license.
We ask a lot, but also an offer you can’t refuse:
We offer you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast-growing international company. We also offer a very competitive remuneration package including a bonus program and a company car. If necessary, we can offer a relocation package.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements please send your English resume via the apply button to VITRU | The European Executive Recruitment Firm. For more information about this position, please contact Guy Laeven at VITRU via +34 627 523 628 (www.vitru-hr.com)