Manufacturing Manager (Battery)
- Cleantech Loop, Singapore
VFlowTech (VFT) is reinventing energy storage with Vanadium redox flow technology, with a vision to develop the cheapest and most scalable Vanadium redox flow batteries in the world. VFT storage solution has an expected life span of 25 years and is proven to be one of the safest and most environmentally friendly battery technologies. VFT founders have deep experience in the renewable space, and Vanadium redox flow technology. VFT is a spin-off of the CleanTech lab of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, and benefits from unique IP arising from many years of intensive research at NTU.
As VFT is growing and offering solutions to more clients, we are looking for a highly experienced team leader to take care of the manufacturing and scale up activities. In this role, you will be working closely with the technology team to develop and manufacture state of the art power stack and complete system. Thus, if you have worked as manufacturing manager for batteries or large size specialised products and have the ambition to excel your skills in an innovative and fast-growing start-up, please reach out to us.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Leading the manufacturing operation of Vanadium Redox Flow Battery from raw material to shipment. Management of front-line manufacturing employee mainly technician and involve engineer if technically required. Evenly distribute workload to avoid bottleneck in production.
· Developing profound knowledge of technical discipline. Ensuring all manufacturing works are perform in compliance to company policy, in accordance with business priority, standard SOP, quality and EHS requirement.
· Has ability to propose different/straight forward solution outside of set parameter. Resourceful in solving various manufacturing issue and apply LEAN concept in manufacturing line.
· Work with cross functional team consisting of sourcing/procurement, engineering, quality, shipping to ensure smooth production to meet 100% delivery on time target.
· Prepare detail progress of manufacturing progress, forecast, identifying potential roadblock and serve as escalation contact to resolve them with internal or external resources
· Proactively seek area of improvement in manufacturing line and drive implementation of solution by engaging different department for long term improvement.
· Degree in physics, chemistry, engineering, or comparable.
· Min. 5 years of recent experience in battery manufacturing, or in manufacturing of large-scale specialised products including large plastic tanks, plastic piping, pumps, electrical control, battery inverters, etc if preferred.
· Working experience from other manufacturing field will also be considered.
· Individual contributor with good interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent.