Electrical Service Technician
- 1/231 Balcatta Rd, Balcatta WA 6021, Australia
VERIDAPT is an industrial IoT business bringing together the best in software, hardware, and services to provide millions in savings and added value to our customers. Having never lost a customer, we are taking over 20 years of experience and collaborating with international innovators to venture into new markets.
With proven expertise and a global trajectory, there has never been a better time to join VERIDAPT. Work with a genuine, diverse, intelligent group and push the boundaries to challenge what is possible.
We are seeking a Service Technician to join the national service team based in Perth (fifo to the Pilbara Region).
Support our projects and engineering team' high quality solutions to meet the growing complexity of our customers' demands. Apply your electrical skills to our platform (ELV hardware & software) with a large focus on networking, communication and instrumentation.
The role mainly involves preventative and corrective maintenance, on-site and off-site support, fault finding, project installation and commissioning tasks on client sites, which are predominantly based in the Pilbara area.
You will liaise with internal teams including engineering, customer support and the product team to share learning and influence product development.
This position will require significant travel by road and air to support clients throughout Australia. Flexibility to travel extensively is required on this 5:2, 5:9 roster.
This is balanced with time in our Balcatta office, interacting with the Perth and Sydney (HQ) teams.
You must be able to carry out the following tasks and possess the required skills and attributes:
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate and execute corrective maintenance tasks including breakdown support
- Ability to self-start and work autonomously with the support of a national Service Support team
- Meet clients' KPIs as defined in service level agreements
- Respond to and resolve client issues and support tickets using the company's internal support system
- Adhere to timely completion of service documentation including trouble tickets and job work order reports
- Execute minor project and upgrade works, including installation and commissioning of site hardware and deployment and set up of software application
- Ensure efficient and effective management of service team assets including materials and spares and tooling.
- Contribute to status and performance reporting for the region
- Have strong communicate skills and the ability to relate and address issues directly with the Customer
Skills & Experience
- Experience in service role within a similar technical area
- Minimum 1 year electrical experience following trade completion
- WA Electrical License
- WA drivers License
- Network Communications - investigation and troubleshooting skills with both hardware and software systems
- Strong computer skills with a focus on written skills to write clear and concise site reports
- Flexible hours are required to meet the requirements of Customers and Project works.
- Sales experience and a demonstrated ability to sell the benefits of a given product is beneficial
If you have a passion for delivering a great customer experience and building relationships for better outcomes please apply!
This is a really exciting time to join VERIDAPT. We are on a journey over the next 4 years to grow and operate in totally new markets utilising strength built over many years.
Be part of a genuine team that will innovate how multiple industries use technologies to improve data and analytics for improved supply chain security and verification.
Use your trade with our local mining, rail and agriculture customers, while being involved in projects that challenge our operating model across multiple industries globally.
Enjoy the stability of a permanent role on a weekday roster (5:2, 5:9), little weekend work, annual leave and public holidays.
Salary will be dependent on your level of experience and relevant skills. We are open to entry level through to experienced techs.
**IMPORTANT** if you do not have eligible to work full time hours, PR or citizenship for Australia please do not apply. Sponsorship is not available for this position, and we cannot support those on a student visa with restricted working hours.