Emergency Physician / Fair Oaks and Fauquier / Full Time
- 3600 Joseph Siewick Drive, Fairfax, VA
A top-ranked 182-bed acute care community hospital, Inova Fair Oaks is located 20 miles outside of Washington, DC. We are a vibrant, growing practice of physicians and nurse practitioners. Enjoy a flexible schedule with low patient volume along with strong subspecialty support.
Truly democratic EM group seeks a BC/BE physician, partner, and leader to work at Fair Oaks and Fauquier Hospitals in a progressive culture that is committed to investing in your personal and professional growth. VEMA enables and encourages you to pursue your specific passion and interest in EM. This is an exceptional opportunity for growth and advancement in the field.
As an EM physician with VEMA, you can expect to:
- Cultivate strong working relationships with specialists and consultants
- Collaborate with our superb team of nurses, staff, and hospital administrators
- Work in hospitals that have been consistently recognized for outstanding patient satisfaction and innovative healthcare
- Have the best resources and the most advanced technology at your fingertips, including our new telemedicine system, a state-of-the-art Simulation Lab, and excellent ancillary services
- Be an integral member of a successful team that is genuinely interested in your professional growth
- Enjoy a healthy work/life balance in a supportive work environment, along with exceptional leadership opportunities in one of the nation’s top hospitals
The ideal candidate will be:
- Decision-maker and collaborator
- Able to provide high-quality patient care efficiently
- Team player adept at building strong relationships
- Ready to be an owner of a democratic EM group
Qualifications and experience required:
- BE/BC residency trained EM MD/DO with a track record of clinical excellence
- Ability to efficiently see patients in a safe and patient-oriented manner
- Experience with ultrasound-guided lines
- ED EMR experience, Epic / Meditech preferred, but not required
- Strong oral communication and listening skills
- Highly motivated and proactive
All your information will VEMA’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation and performance bonuses
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year (end of year payout if unused)
- Automatic 401(k) contribution (vested on day one) and generous CME allowance
- Flexible scheduling for a better work /life balance
be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Desirable location in the DC Metro area: ranked 4th “2017 Best Places to Live” by U.S. News & World Report, top-rated public school systems
- Long-term, stable contracts (20+ years)
- Exceptional ancillary services (24x7 MRI, Nuc Med, Ultrasound capabilities)
Why choose a democratic group?
At VEMA, our democratic group has been entirely physician-owned and operated for more than 25 years. We strongly believe in the democratic model and encourage you to explore the many benefits it offers, including increased autonomy, flexibility, and complete financial transparency.
- Each partner holds an equal share of the practice
- All partners make collective decisions about the direction of the practice through a voting process
- Equal opportunities for leadership roles and professional growth
- We succeed together and share a strong commitment to teamwork and collaboration