- Qatar, Doha, Qatar
VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company
We are currently looking for Reinsurance Accountant for one of its clients which is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services Company in Qatar with the following skill set and terms and conditions.
The Reinsurance Accountant will assist with processing of invoices and claims for Insurance and Reinsurance department.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Must have a University degree in Accounting or Finance such as B.S in Accounting/ B.Com etc
• Must have a minimum of 10-12 years of experience in Insurance Accounting or a similar domain
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Insurance Accounting
• English Language Skills
• Computer Skills
• Policies, Procedures & Work Methods Knowledge
• Communication Skills
• Planning & Organizing Skills
• Oracle Payables
• Reinsurance Accounting
• Monthly review of accounting entries made by the Reinsurance department
• Review of quarterly financial performance
• Financial reporting including the intercompany quota share
• Provide information required by the Reinsurance department for compliance and regulatory purposes
• Develop existing accounting and transactional templates to assist the onboarding for new business
• Obtaining an understanding of each accounting function
• Perform walkthroughs of and document clients accounting processes and controls
• Prepare ad-hoc analyses and financial reports as required by the CFO
• Identify, verify and process regular accounts, commutation accounts, cash losses, profit & loss calculations as well as year-end related
• Verify invoices and supporting documentation and process all payments related to vendors and service
• providers, accurately, on time and in line with agreed payment terms
• Check calculations against approved invoices to ensure payments are in line with purchase orders or contractual terms and conditions
• Ensure all vendor accounts payable are reconciled in a timely manner to reflect the accurate payment status
• Maintain a high level of customer service in accordance with Service Level Agreements and provide consistent,
• timely and accurate delivery of accounts payable services to clients through managing and conducting daily
• operational activities.
• Undertake the preparation and posting of Accounts Payable accounting records, as well as undertake routine
• accounting entries and transactions.
• Maintain the records of accounts payable by filing all source documents and system generated reports, and
• prepare reports and other documentation for management when requested.
• Ensure the timely and accurate accounting of all payables (commissions, credit notes, and rebates) in accordance with Manual of Accounting.
• Ensure all supplier accounts payable are reconciled timely and accurately in order to reflect the actual financial
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: maximum 4 weeks