- Qatar, Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company.
We are currently looking for Web Developer for one of its clients which is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services Company in Qatar with the following skill set and terms and conditions.
University graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
•About 5-8 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3-4 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry entailing responsibilities of Dot Net and Oracle applications development using Dot Net, oracle and PLSQL technology.
The incumbent shall be charged with the responsibility to liaison between the IT department, the business users and other support functions of Bank, ensuring that the technology application needs of the Bank are being met.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the Manager eChannel in the deployment of the work plan for the Applications team.
• Engage and partner the business in exploring and evaluating solution options to satisfy the business requirements identified; think independently and creatively in examining existing solutions or exploring alternatives.
• Sustain and improve existing technologies within Bank
• Evaluate the adoption of new technologies and applications and present analysis to the Manager eChannel and Section Head.
• Interact with users from across Bank to understand requirements in detail.
• Define the project scope based on users’ requirements.
• Develop applications using Dot Net and Oracle tools and documentation of the same
• Ensure responsiveness in troubleshooting end user issues and provide resolution in a timely manner.
• Develop and maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders in Bank to facilitate functional operational needs.
• Maintain highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in the provision of services in the function.
• Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
• Ability to understand business processes and functional requirements
• Ability to translate functional requirements into technological requirements/application specifications
• Analytical and Problem-Solving skills
• Expertise in programming, application development/customization across multiple platforms
• .NET/Oracle developer should possess a minimum of the below mentioned skill sets to be able to work on Application Development & support.
• Minimum 8+ years of development experience in .Net (preferably MVC, jQuery, Bootstrap, C#, VB, Asp.net).
• Minimum 3+ years of experience in oracle procedures and packages
• Strong Knowledge of .Net Framework 4.6, 1.0, OOPS concepts, ASP.NET, Oracle, SQL Server, XML, AJAX.
• Good Understanding on any of the software development processes like agile or waterfall model.
• Expert knowledge of enterprise applications deployed at the Bank as well as best available solutions
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Hands on experience on project deliveries.
• Possess good troubleshooting, coding & query optimization techniques.
• Knowledge of best practices in IT applications in the Financial Sector
• Knowledge of Banking Industry fundamentals
• Ability to learn new technology in a short period.
• Working in a banking domain and software development team
• Good communication skills in English with the ability to communicate (verbally and written) with client.
• Understanding of IT security compliance fundamentals in the banking and financial sector
• Industry standard certifications in application development such as Dot Net, Oracle, MS – SQL Server would be desirable.
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: maximum 4 weeks