Head of Development (Hardware)
- UAE, Dubai, Dubayy, United Arab Emirates
VAM Systems is a Business Consulting, IT Solutions and Services company .
VINIRMA Consulting is currently looking for Head of Development (Hardware) for our UAE Operations with the following skillsets & terms and conditions.
Job Purpose: Development / Engineering
As a Development Head (Hardware) you will cooperate closely with our Hardware Development Team to pursue hardware design / development lifecycle within organization.
- Specify electrical components and create material lists, Size and design power distribution and controls panels
- Read electrical schematics and diagrams with the ability to change and update them as needed.
Calculate electrical loads and size circuit protection in accordance with US and international (IEC) design standards
- Design and develop embedded firmware for micro controller-based wireless and sensor products
- Participate in all phases of design on singular projects. Work with all Project team members throughout the development phase of product development to ensure that products are produced in a safe and quality manner while keeping within established time frames.
- Define and implement high performance software by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
- Maintain accurate records throughout the development process to comply with company and government standards and/or regulations.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Be a contributor in developing an environment of continuous improvement across product lines and development groups.
- Create and review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
- Analyze and provide feedback on peer designs in an open and collaborative design review forum
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
- Debug problems as they arise during verification and validation
- Work with RF/electrical/system engineers to ensure that firmware integrates properly
- Mentor other engineers and technicians Test and Debug firmware on hardware
- Enjoy problem-solving and tolerate stress to complete projects on time and under budget
- Possess knowledge of basic AC/DC electrical theory
- Process knowledge of electrical and electronic components, and hardware design standards and methods
- Be familiar with basic electrical circuits and components
- Knowledgeable of electrical symbols
- Experienced with CAD assisted software to edit and create schematics
- Knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic schematics and components
- Creates proofs of concept for validation, as necessary, to ensure that product features are well integrated for an awesome experience.
BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or related major
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of programmable logic controller system design and programming experience
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet and ProfiNet
- Knowledge of basic motor control and variable speed drives
- Familiarity with CISCO, Juniper networks, Extreme networks products will be highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in SDN/OpenFlow and NFV (Network Function Virtualization) is desirable
- Very strong command of assembly level and C language development (pointers, structures, memory allocations, etc) including the tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in an embedded environment
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong knowledge working with real-time operating systems (RTOS) with preference for FreeRTOS and usage of IDE, toolchain, debuggers.
- Skilled in various existing and or creating new communication and networking protocols
- Hands on experience in development on ARM 32 bit and 8051 8 bit processors / micro-controllers
- Experienced in industrial protocols (Modbus, TCP/IP, CAN, HART etc..).
- Exposure to Wireless Protocols like ZigBee, Wi-Fi, BLE
- Experience in developing Board Support Packages (BSP) and Board bring up.
- Worked on programming and interfacing peripherals like timers, UART, SPI, I2C, ADC, DAC, IO, RS-232 & 485, sensors and actuators, DDR, Flash and use of their related debugging tools
- Exposure to USB, Ethernet, PCIe
- Writing strong tests for firmware code, with preference for CppUTest
- Experienced in Boot code, Boot-loaders developments
- Skill for writing reusable libraries with Excellent problem-solving skills
- GSM, GPRS concepts& hands on, IOT
- Knowledge / Hands On temperature controlling, auto-tuning algorithms
- Experience in developing GUIs for LCD displays. QT added advantage.
- Ability to use a spectrum analyzer, and be able to analyse generated data for problem solving and verification
· Good communication skills, Time management skills, Team player.
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
· Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems, and work processes.
Frameworks, boundaries and decision-making authority:
Should take all the decisions within hardware design/development department
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
The selected candidates shall be a direct employee of one of the leading Organizations in UAE
Terms and conditions:
Joining time frame: maximum 4 weeks