Artist Assistant / Personal Assistant / Practice Manager
- Northington St, London WC1N, UK
Ute Decker, artist jeweller, creates one-off and limited-edition award-winning sculptural and architectural pieces. Represented by a leading Mayfair gallery specialising in jewellery by fine artists, her work is exhibited at the major international fairs such as Design Miami, Design Basel, Masterpiece, PAD and Tefaf with pieces in several museum collections including the V&A.
With several exciting upcoming exhibitions and projects, Ute Decker is looking to engage a part-time Artist Assistant / Personal Assistant / Practice Manager to implement a project management system and keep track of the growing administrative demands.
- Hub of a small team - coordinates & manages a small but prominent arts practice
- Contributing ideas - how to best manage a small practice
- Project Management System / It Solutions - identifying, scoping & implementing, maintaining best practices
- Process Mapping - Time Scheduling / Critical Path & Dependencies / Information Architecture - Standard Operation Procedures / Checklists
- Overseeing: photography/ retoucher / applications / grants / exhibitions
- Email Enquiries: monitoring general email, appointments, scheduling, clients and press
- Image requests: sharing images and captions for press purposes
- Studio Database/ Data Management: : Responsible for maintaining studio database records with images, provenance information and pricing, coordinating with the studio assistant to ensure details are accurate. Maintaining the contacts details and mailing lists on the studio database (Artlogic)
- Talks & Events & Exhibitions: Compiling visual and preparatory material for artist and organisers
- Artist Website, CV & Bio: updating and maintaining Artist CV, exhibition updates and bio for web
- Social Media: Managing the social media content for the studio's Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn platforms. - Alternatively recruiting a social media manager
The successful candidate will have/ be
- Previous PA experience essential
- Experience in the high-end creative industry (fine art, high end contemporary craft, art jewellery)
- A relationship builder, with proven experience of direct client and press management
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, written & spoken
- Brilliant lateral thinker
- Strong administration skills
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to work to their own initiative and to multiple deadlines
- Ability to plan effectively and to problem solve
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and experience using project management tools
- Social Media Skills
- Writing skills for press releases and website
- Assistance during exhibitions & fairs
WHEN REPLYING, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR COVER LETTER
- Have you managed a small team before as an Artist Assistant / Personal Assistant / Practice Manager? For how many years?
- How many years of Administrative experience do you currently have?
- How many years of work experience do you have using Microsoft Office?
- How knowledgable are you setting up a system to efficiently manage a small business. 1 = some experience to 5 = expert
What is on Offer
Join a prominent artist practice exhibiting internationally. Being a small practice, the position allows the candidate to be fully involved in all aspects.
- The position is for 2 days per week
- Days can be flexible
- Ideally starting as soon as possible
- Competitive hourly rate depending on skills, efficiency, proactive and conscientious approach
If you believe you can bring passion and meticulous attention to detail, I would like to hear from you.
Early applications encouraged
Application Deadline 28 February 2022