- 210 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704, USA
Forget what you know about online student support. Upswing is on a mission to end attrition!
We are redefining what it means to support student success and partner directly with colleges and universities to improve student graduation rates. Our unique approach combines 24/7 live online tutoring and advanced data analytics to understand when students are at risk, and help colleges do something about it.
Upswing is in hyper-growth mode after launching less than five years ago. We are currently partnered with more than 80 colleges throughout the country and help over 700,000 students succeed throughout their academic journey. We are currently looking for motivated, intelligent, and fun team members who want to make an impact and help us get to the next level!
Upswing is seeking a creative, team-oriented, entrepreneurial individual with experience managing people and projects in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The Technical Lead will work cross-functionally to deliver high quality student engagement tools to our users and execute the overall product vision through organized project management. This role will lead our team of engineers and report directly to Upswing's Chief Operating Officer.
About the role:
- The role requires experience in software development and broad technical knowledge with the ability to facilitate the mapping of business requirements to an end to end technical solution.
- Own, lead and manage all aspects of software development projects from conception to production: scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality and team management.
- Manage deployment and release of code to different environments, and be able to communicate effectively and timely to product/business owners as well as other stakeholders
- Negotiate scope, define/identify tasks, assign ownership to tasks, determine dependencies, and communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders alike
- Assume scrum master responsibilities, including prioritizing sprint work, estimating user stories, removing roadblocks for the team, facilitating UI/UX and technical design sessions, and running other scrum ceremonies
- Ensure features are decomposed into executable user stories and use business acumen to assign and prioritize among the team
- Our dev team is lean, so there will be a multitude of opportunities that you can take part in to help you grow professionally from both a technical and leadership perspective. A typical day could be 70% Project Management and 30% Software Development depending on business needs. Adaptability is key in successfully managing the team, projects and contributing directly to development efforts when necessary.
- 3+ years of management experience with a technical and/or product team
- 2+ years working with user stories and prioritizing requirements
- You hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
- You have a teaching mindset and use strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills in tandem with diplomacy and organizational awareness to lead your team to success
- You have a strong work ethic with a "Whatever It Takes" mentality
- Knowledge of EdTech and higher education industries
- PMP certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment and managing scrum meetings
- Background in web applications development is highly desired
- Working knowledge of PDM software and Github
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** Cover letter and resume required with application.
Compensation: $90-$100k commensurate with experience.