Associate Director, Platform Technologies
- 200 Cambridgepark Dr, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Together with our elite cancer immuno-therapy scientists, you will be a part of our Drug Discovery teams leading projects to apply our ACTR (Antibody Coupled T cell Receptor) technology against different cancer indications. Our teams work from early discovery through launching programs into clinical development, offering you a great experience across the stages of invention. Our nimble and interdisciplinary approach to research can help you learn how to use creativity, cooperation, and critical thinking to solve hard problems. You’ll get to know scientists following diverse career paths and see for yourself how the extraordinary successes of immune therapies are creating new chances to help cancer patients.
Reporting to the Head of Platform Technologies, this individual will hold a crucial leadership position within the research organization at Unum, leading a core team responsible for all molecular biology and protein biochemistry efforts as they apply to T cell engineering, platform technology development, and drug discovery/development programs. The individual in this high impact role is expected to provide molecular engineering expertise to all project teams and independently act as a project team leader for platform technology projects within Unum’s portfolio of projects. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated functional and project leadership experience in similar prior roles. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and cellular engineering efforts for projects within the research team.
- Lead design and build efforts for expression of proteins and nucleic acids in mammalian cells and for ex vivo modification of primary cells using a variety of expression modalities, including transient and stable DNA transfection, mRNA, and viral transduction.
- Lead design, build, expression, and purification efforts for recombinant protein and antibody generation using bacterial and mammalian expression systems for use in vitro and in vivo.
- Build upon existing infrastructure for the tracking and organization of molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and cellular engineering projects to robustify these systems and facilitate streamlined use across the organization.
- Research and drive platform technology development projects in nucleic acid, protein, viral, and cellular engineering, including library generation, screening strategies, cellular assay development, genome editing technologies, and novel cell delivery technologies.
- Lead project teams focused on platform development projects and represent the Platform Technologies function on drug discovery teams as a subject-matter expert.
- An independent, flexible, high-energy expert in molecular biology and protein biochemistry with strong experience engineering mammalian cellular systems.
- PhD with 5+ years of industry experience, with direct management and cross-functional team leadership experience
- Proven track record of successful project leadership and scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or and patents.
- Demonstrated competence in some or all of the following areas: molecular biology, protein production, nucleic acid and protein biochemistry, mammalian cell biology, virology, genome editing technologies, library construction, selection-based technologies, structural biology.
- Knowledge in cancer biology and/or immunology is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.