Scientist I/II, Molecular Biology and Virology
- 200 Cambridgepark Dr, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Together with our elite cancer immuno-therapy scientists, you will be a part of our Drug Discovery teams leading projects to apply our ACTR (Antibody Coupled T cell Receptor) technology against different cancer indications. Our teams work from early discovery through launching programs into clinical development, offering you a great experience across the stages of invention. Our nimble and interdisciplinary approach to research can help you learn how to use creativity, cooperation, and critical thinking to solve hard problems. You’ll get to know scientists following diverse career paths and see for yourself how the extraordinary successes of immune therapies are creating new chances to help cancer patients.
As a member of our Analytical Sciences team within the Technical Operations organization at Unum Therapeutics, this collaborative and driven scientist will develop and use state-of-the art analytical methods to support process development, formulation development and characterization of products. The successful candidate will critically evaluate scientific data and study protocols, will lead initiatives, and take part in, and lead cross-functional teams. In addition, this individual will be accountable for ensuring that analytical methods and data are fit-for-purpose.
- The primary role as a laboratory Scientist will be to develop and use molecular biology and cell-based assays to further understanding of key attributes in support of cell therapy process and product development.
- Participate in activities to support Unum’s pipeline within established timelines and ensure data quality and integrity
- Participate in cross-site method development, technology transfer and qualification activities and provide technical support to external vendors as required.
- Participate in design and execution of experiments and complete laboratory testing.
- Follow good documentation and review practices, and effectively communicate scientific results and strategies in presentations and written reports
- Draft technical reports, standard operating procedures and test protocols in support of analytical development.
- Maintain knowledge of and critically evaluate scientific literature and industry trends in order to contribute maximally to Unum’s development efforts.
- Proficiency in cell biology and molecular biology techniques to analyze samples and document analytical results in a regulatory compliant manner under minimal supervision.
- PhD in the biological sciences with minimum of 2 years, MS with 6 years or BS with 10 years’ experience in development of bioanalytical methods
- Expertise in Molecular Biology or Cell Biology with proficiency in qPCR and cell-based assay development is required.
- Previous experience in the biopharmaceuticals or cell therapy industry is strongly preferred
- Experience in virology and functional characterization is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with viral analytical techniques such as sequencing, viral integration site analysis, viral infectivity assays, and ELISA is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to document, organize, and present experimental data, conclusions and other information, including recommendations in a clear, concise and logical manner within function are required
- In-depth working knowledge of ICH Guidelines for Bioanalytical method validation is preferred
- Experience with quality systems and electronic lab notebooks desirable
- Proficiency with data analysis tools such as QuantStudio, GraphPad Prism, Softmax, Stat-Ease Design-Expert , and JMP software is desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.