Machine Learning Data Scientist (KTP Associate)
- Bristol, United Kingdom
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a collaborative partnership between UWE Bristol and Viper Innovations Ltd. under the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme.
Viper Innovations is an award-winning leader providing innovative technology solutions for electrical distribution systems in global industries such as oil, gas and rail.
You will work in a team developing advanced analytics algorithms for the company's next generation product. You will help Viper Innovations create and deliver innovative products and services that maximise the operational life of controls and electrical distribution equipment.
The position is a 24-month fixed term, which includes training provided by the national KTP Programme and a further GBP 2k pa dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development. You will be supported by Dr Chris Simons and Dr Kamran Soomro from the academic team at UWE Bristol.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A first class degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths related subject, with good coverage of contemporary AI and Machine Learning techniques
- Experience in high level language programming (Python / R preferred)
- Experience in mass data manipulation
- Demonstrate an excellent analytical thought process and methodical approach to solve complex problems
- Understanding of practical experimental methods to gather and analyse complex real-world data
Please see the attached job advert and job description for further information.
Based at: Viper Innovations, Portishead
Salary: GBP 28,000 - GBP 35,000 plus GBP 4,000 training budget
Vacancy ref: R00641
Application closing date: 27/10/2019
Interview date: Mid-November