Vocational Nursing Faculty Apprentice
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Now you can become a Nursing Instructor without a BSN. If you’re an RN or LVN, you can quickly train to be a Nursing Instructor through our Instructor Development Program.
How the Program Works
- Training can be completed in as few as 3 months
- You are paid for training, so you can earn while you learn
Leverage your experience as a licensed nurse and your passion for changing lives to impact the next generation of nurses in the field of healthcare. Unitek Learning is on a mission to help solve the healthcare crisis by increasing the number of nurses in the field. To be successful in our mission, we need experienced nurses to embrace the role of educator and teach aspiring students the skills necessary to serve patients and hospitals in need of help.
We have built a pathway to successfully transition you from work in the field to work in the classroom as an educator. Unitek Learning will provide you all the necessary support, resources, courses, and mentorship to change lives as an educator. The Faculty Apprentice Program will guide you step-by-step through the teaching credential process to help you smoothly transition to work in the classroom.
Join us as a full-time staff member and we will do the rest! All requirements, courses, and education costs will be covered by Unitek Learning to support your pathway into education. We believe in your ability to make a difference in the lives of our students. Come change the world with us!
Come join our team as a VN Faculty Apprentice and let's train you to become a Vocational Nursing Instructor!
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching
- Demonstrate or willing to acquire skills for utilizing online activities as enhancers to course content/material during interactive teaching and learning
- Assist with reviewing and revising of syllabus for specific course within the program and instructional guidelines
- Submit required program reports and forms to Director of the program in a timely manner
- Keep current with new technologies and safety regulations
- Maintains student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection that meet set due dates and deadlines
- Assists with updating and maintaining student files as relates to clinical requirements, immunizations and educational requirements
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in responds to program needs
- Teaches both lecture content and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends)
- Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed licensure, takes responsibility for staying current with college updates
- Actively participates in committees as assigned, based on availability, taking into consideration teaching responsibilities as priority
Pay Range: $38-$40/hr
- LVN or RN License
- 3 years verifiable Vocational or Registered Nursing experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program