Student Services Advisor - 9am-6pm PST
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Unitek Learning is looking for a 100% remote Student Services Advisor to join our team.
The Student Services Advisor serves as an advocate for student success throughout the academic lifecycle. They must demonstrate a high level of integrity and commitment to student success planning and advising whether working in-person or remotely. The Student Services Advisor serves the institution as a student liaison and collaborates with all departments to promote a positive, student-centered experience. To execute the functions of this role well, they must be able to communicate professionally and respectfully with students, internal stakeholders, and all other members of the college community with regularity. The Student Services Advisor must embrace and promote a diverse work and learning environment. They must also facilitate collaboration and teamwork across the institution to support student success at all levels.
Please note: This role may require a flexible schedule that varies to include Saturdays and evening times to meet campus and department needs.
- Contact students regularly and proactively through virtual meetings, phone, text and email to provide support through tools, resources, services, encouragement, positive reinforcement, and student accountability to ensure smooth transition into the program and throughout the lifecycle of student.
- Uses student information system, customer relationship management system and reporting for timely completion of assigned tasks and documents outreach
- Completes telephone or other forms of outreach throughout the student lifecycle to complete prescribed new student welcome calls, orientation preparation, course progress check-ins, at-risk advising, graduation preparation, and other contacts based on established job aids.
- Offers comprehensive support to students, seeks to resolve concerns or issues and escalates to the Academic Manager when appropriate
- Supports on-ground*, remote, or online student events for the program vertical, such as virtual orientation webinars, student engagement activities and graduation recognition events.
- Acts as a programmatic expert for assigned program vertical, to include knowledge of Admissions requirements, program core and non-core courses, special equipment or technology requirements, high risk courses, specific satisfactory academic progress policy requirements for the program, and any special certifications, exams or tests required to successfully complete the program
- Acts as a resource/amenities expert and can describe detailed information on accessing and using said resources; demonstrates follow through with at-risk students on using resources or amenities as prescribed in advising appointments, such as counseling, tutoring, online library, and other tools available to students within the program vertical.
- Conducts regular one-on-ones with each manager to review program vertical goals, performance, job satisfaction, and needs and makes recommendations to support manager and team success.
- Executes on strategies developed to support programmatic retention, such as communication campaigns and student events and activities as determined by the department
- Completes departmental training to include cross-functional training opportunities as required/necessary (i.e. Academics, Admissions, Financial Aid, LMS Administration, Registration).
- Attends and participates in team and organizational meetings as required and provides recommendations for improvement based on interactions with students and key observations in role.
- Participates actively in one-on-one meetings with manager and executes on management recommendations for success
- Participates in annual review as defined by Unitek Learning requirements
- Handles and documents confidential student information in a professional manner and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policy, procedures, and accreditation requirements to support student success and compliance within programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Indicators of Success:
- Meets or exceeds the accrediting body retention standards for the assigned student population, while collaborating with Academics to achieve monthly attrition rate goals.
- Provides compliant documentation demonstrating that assigned students are receiving academic, student, and professional guidance throughout lifecycle of program
- Meets department/vertical engagement goals with assigned student population.
Pay Starting at $25/hr
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree required.
- Experience in counseling, coaching, interviewing, development, education, or related field preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication and customer interaction skills to support all students and staff.
- High level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and comfort with technology
- Adaptive to change and able to learn new skills quickly
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program