Medical Assistant Instructor
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
We are looking for a Per Diem Medical Assistant to join our team as a lab instructor.
Do you have a passion for helping, mentoring, and seeing the "A-HA!!!" moment in someone's eyes?
Then you have the heart of an Instructor!! We offer a fully established curriculum and a new faculty onboarding course that you will go through the first 2 weeks. Although previous teaching experience and experience with Canvas are preferred, it is not required.
This position will provide fully prepared current instruction that meets desired learning outcomes, academic advising and career-related counseling to students, actively engage in retention activities, and provide support for program and institutional initiatives.
The schedule is:
Monday: 7:30 am - 1:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Educate and provide technological and academic training to students
- Ensure students are aware of the competencies necessary for all objectives in the syllabus
- Design and carry out a lesson plan for each class taught that recognizes students’ abilities, learning styles and provide accommodation for individual students differences
- Always exhibit World Class Service when working with students as well as coworkers
- Analyze outward signs of problems that students may have that inhibit their achievement and take appropriate action
- Refer students to campus director or student services to overcome those traits that appear to be keeping the student from a high level of achievement
- Identify and refer students who are “at risk” of leaving the course to student services
- Provide ongoing student advisement and academic counseling
- Use a variety of means of evaluation to support student abilities (cooperative learning, reports, and team work)
- Provide input and participate in academic committees formed for the purpose of enrichment of both the programs and student life on campus
- Support all company initiatives by process and procedure as communicated
- Work and communicate effectively with all campus departmental staff
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Comply with all State, Department of Education, and accreditation regulations
- Minimum of a High School Diploma; advanced education or college degree preferred but will consider candidates with equivalent experience
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant (RMA, CMA, NRCMA) preferred
- Three demonstrable (3) years of hands-on clinical experience in the medical assistant role
- Current knowledge of Medical Assistant practice
- Ability to mentor a highly diverse student population
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software-Experience with learning management systems such as Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, etc. preferred
- Proficient in interpersonal oral presentation; excellent communication skills
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program
Compensation range $18-$20/hr