Nursing Instructor - Per diem
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Why Work for Unitek Learning? To be part of a healthcare revolution. There is plenty of demand from students who want to become nurses, and there is plenty of demand to hire highly skilled nurses. Unitek Learning is on a mission to fix the connection between those who want to become nurses and the communities who desperately need them. We graduate culturally competent and highly skilled nurses, and we do this at scale. We have history, stability and strong student outcomes. We need your experience and transfer of knowledge to make this vision come to life. Be a part of the solution.
No previous teaching experience required, must be available to work dayshift or evenings and weekends to teach lecture and clinicals.
- Make continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction by reviewing and utilizing different and innovative methodologies / techniques in teaching
- Demonstrate or willing to acquire skills for utilizing online activities as enhancers to course content/material during interactive teaching and learning
- Assist with reviewing and revising of syllabus for specific course within the program and instructional guidelines
- Submit required program reports and forms to Director of the program in a timely manner
- Keep current with new technologies and safety regulations
- Maintains student records of attendance, grades, and skills check-off forms and assist with program data collection that meet set due dates and deadlines
- Assists with updating and maintaining student files as relates to clinical requirements, immunizations and educational requirements
- Teach courses at a variety of times and locations in responds to program needs
- Teaches both lecture content and clinical rotations (clinical rotations can be days, and/or evenings, on week days and/or weekends)
- Participate in professional development; maintain CE hours to ensure renewed licensure, takes responsibility for staying current with college updates
- Actively participates in committees as assigned, based on availability, taking into consideration teaching responsibilities as priority
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse with current licensure in the state in which you are applying to teach
- Able to meet the faculty requirements set by the Board of Vocational Nursing
- Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; ability to mentor students in classroom, lab and clinical settings; ability to work independently without close supervision; broad knowledge of nursing sciences; successful handling of day to day operations in the nursing lab; proficient, strong communications skills verbal and written; current knowledge/experience in clinical setting
- Current immunizations and Basic Life Support Certification
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 10 paid Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.