Assistant Director of Student Success
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
The Assistant Director of Student Success – Workforce Development oversees the development and programming of the Student Services Department in support of our Workforce Development students. Additionally, they oversee the Student Success Coaches that support our Workforce Development partners to ensure students are being supported on their educational journey. They design and implement support initiatives as well as work with key leaders to enhance and improve the student experience both academically, socially, and at key events/milestones throughout the student educational lifecycle. The Assistant Director of Student Success – Workforce Development supports the Director of Student Services’ initiatives and supports the Student Services Department overall in their effort to retain students.
- With the oversight of the Director of Student Services and in collaboration with the Workforce Development Team, designs and executes the Student Success Coach advising model that serves our Workforce Development students.
- Determines staffing needs of the Student Success Coaches based on budget: submits hiring proposals, works with recruiting, interviews, hires, and trains all Student Success Coaches.
- Develops and manages the Student Success Coaches advising strategy, manages Coaches schedules to ensure appropriate coverage of support; provides continuous coaching, training and strategic planning to ensure the Student Success Coaches work is providing exemplary support to students.
- Uses student information system, reporting, and other data tools/technology for strategic planning and execution of support.
- Reviews staff member interactions with students during live call monitoring or call recordings to complete assessment/coaching with the staff member for quality assurance.
- Investigates and tracks escalated student complaints and coordinates solutions within the program vertical and works with the appropriate Campus and Academic leadership to solve individual or vertical student concerns
- Completes needs assessment and coordinates staffing support for virtual and on-ground student events for the program vertical, including orientation, student engagement activities and workshops.
- Holds internal meetings with key program stakeholders on programmatic trends, identifies programmatic retention risk factors, and potential strategies to improve retention, graduation rates or other program-specific benchmarks as needed.
- Assists in the development and delivery of programmatic training, including staff knowledge assessments to ensure that both the Assistant Director and team are able to act as a programmatic expert for assigned program vertical, to include knowledge of Admissions requirements, program core and non-core courses, special equipment or technology requirements, high risk courses, specific satisfactory academic progress policy requirements for the program, and any special certifications, exams or tests required to successfully complete the program
- Assists in the development and coordination of training activities on resources and amenities; Ensures that the team has a strong knowledge of resources/ amenities available to students within the program vertical through regular, continuous training. Ensures the team has appropriate access to the tools needed to support the student experience. Gives feedback on resources or tools to the Director for further improvement to the student experience.
- Analyzes and reports on data, trends, retention risk factors and collaborates with Director to identify opportunities and strategies to improve student retention and graduation rates within the assigned program vertical.
- Assists with the development and delivery of departmental training for onboarding of new staff and provides continuous training for team in team meetings, including coordinating interdepartmental trainings with other key departments the group will be interacting with, such as Academics, Admissions, Financial Aid, LMS Administration, Registration, and Student Accounting.
- Holds regular "stand up" meetings with his/her team to drive the prioritization of activities and productivity as well as more in-depth meetings for information, training or engagement purposes.
- Conducts regular one-on-ones with each team member to review staff members goals, performance, job satisfaction, and needs and makes recommendations to support staff member success
- Conducts annual reviews for staff members as defined by Unitek Learning requirements; participates in annual review with Director as defined by Unitek Learning requirements
- Handles, and documents, confidential student information in a professional manner and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Acts as back-up to other managers in alternate program verticals for general support to team for PTO; Acts as a back-up to staff members when out on PTO or delegates assigned students in program vertical to provide continuous student support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary starting at $70k
- Bachelor’s Degree with extensive experience serving in an advisory role to students (career, advising, etc.)
- Leadership experience/training experience required.
- Experience managing and leading in a Healthcare workforce-development student services department is preferred.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Collaborative and good at helping others succeed
- Strong computer skills, proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program