Career Services Advisor - Hybrid!
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Provide career advising to current students and graduates, advises participants on job search strategies and the logistics of securing and maintaining a job. Generate job leads and meet placement goals. Maintain relationships with externship sites and employers, in an effort to address their staffing solutions and to provide follow-up with placements.
- Provides one-on-one employment assistance to both students and graduates.
- Answers student and employer questions with regard to the externship, employment, and placement processes.
- Generate employer database through cold calling, mailing, and site visits.
- Responsible for weekly placements goals and employment verification.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with extern sites to encourage maximum potential for students to be offered employment upon completion of externship.
- Ensures that the student is prepared to begin the job search process and obtain training related employment by assisting with helping the students in resume writing, interview techniques, phone skills, networking, and other job search processes.
- Aid students with career preparation concerns throughout their stay at Unitek.
- Maintains accurate student, graduate and employment records and phone logs.
- Establish a working relationship with existing and new companies to hire graduates
- Participate in all program advising committee meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree or trade school is preferred. Will also consider candidates with a combination of education and at least two years’ experience working in a related field: i.e. Career Services, recruiting, sales, marketing.
- Ability to gather data, analyze results, and present findings.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Knowledge of local business community.
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, faculty, and the public.
- Possess the ability to generate leads and meet placement goals.
- Demonstrated Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program