Content Expert - Part Time Contract - Pharmacology - RN License Required
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable nursing professional to join our team as a Nursing Content Matter Expert. As a valued member of our organization, you will play a crucial role in shaping the educational content for our nursing programs. Your expertise and experience in the field will be instrumental in ensuring that our courses meet the highest standards of excellence and relevance. Collaborating with our instructional design team, you will contribute to the development and enhancement of online, hybrid, and blended courses, aiming to provide an exceptional learning experience for our students. If you are passionate about education, possess a deep understanding of nursing principles and practices, and are dedicated to fostering the growth and success of future healthcare professionals, we invite you to join us in this impactful role.
Part-time, contract position with responsibilities of approximately 10-15 hours per week working on content development and weekly collaborative meetings. This position will be classified as an “At-will”. The position is expected to be short-term and last approximately 15 to 20 weeks or until the project is completed.
- Create the course structure in a modular format, including module names and outcomes that align to course outcomes
- Develop a course blueprint that demonstrates alignment of course content to module/course outcomes
- Identify and/or create module content with context for students, including but not limited to:
- Reading assignments
- Original instructional content to supplement curated content (recorded lectures, infographics
- Practice activities with feedback, hints, and rationales
- Identify and develop formative and summative assessments with rubrics, including discussion questions
- Write original self-assessments or quizzes (if appropriate for course outcomes)
- Create exam blueprints (if appropriate for course outcomes)
- Write original assessment items for exams (if appropriate for course outcomes), including alignment to course content/outcomes and rationales
- Develop answer keys and instructor guides that will support faculty in teaching the online components of the course
- Write outlines/facilitator guides to support teaching faculty who will engage in synchronous sessions (theory, lab, and clinical) – this may be in PowerPoint, Word, or some other format
- Suggest edits to the syllabus to fit the appropriate delivery method
- Provide a final review and sign-off of the completed course in the learning management system (LMS)
- Active RN License Required.
- Master’s Degree Required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the field (pharmacology)
- Experience in education preferred, including online teaching or development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including MS Word, PPT, Excel, and OneDrive.
- Familiar with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas.
- Experience working remotely in a self-motivated role.
For Full Time Employees, We Offer:
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program