BSN Instructor - NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Outstanding opportunity to PAY IT FORWARD! Be a part of training the next generation of nurses. GIVE BACK to your community and truly make a difference as a Nursing Instructor with Unitek!
NO TEACHING EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Why Work for Unitek Learning? To be part of a healthcare revolution. There is plenty of demand from students who want to become nurses, and there is plenty of demand to hire highly skilled nurses. Unitek Learning is on a mission to fix the connection between those who want to become nurses and the communities who desperately need them. We graduate culturally competent and highly skilled nurses, and we do this at scale. We have history, stability and strong student outcomes. We need your experience and transfer of knowledge to make this vision come to life. Be a part of the solution.
- Collaborates with other instructors in preparing, administering, and grading examinations for the course. Participates in the preparation of the final evaluations for the course
- Responsible for assuring class attendance and grades are kept and submitted
- Assist with strategic planning and assessment of instructional initiatives to ensure quality of program
- Plans and implements orientation of new faculty in both theory and clinical facilities for the courses
- Utilize principles of teaching that recognize the characteristics of the adult learner
- Makes continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction
- Demonstrate or be willing to acquire skills for utilizing online activities as enhancers to course content/material during interactive teaching and learning
- Maintains student records of attendance, skills check-off forms, and assist with program data collection
- Submit required program reports and forms to the Director of the program in a timely manner
- Keep current with new technologies and safety regulations
- Participate in committee activities that support the mission and function of the nursing program
- Attend faculty meetings
- Plan and supervises student clinical experience in assigned health care facilities
- Evaluates student performance in relation to clinical learning outcomes in accordance with policies and procedures established by Unitek College, Department of Nursing
- Provide feedback of clinical performance or specific event immediately after observation
- Assists in maintains student records of clinical attendance, skills check-off forms, and assist with program data collection
- Responsible for making sure the clinical assignments meet both student and facility needs
- Determines best method to observe, instruct, and evaluate students.
- Determines if clinical facility meet all health and safety requirements for Unitek College students to attend clinicals
- Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Participate in student advising activities
Salary range - $80-105k
- No Previous Teaching experience is required! Our Faculty Development training program will provide tools to help you be successful in a class room setting.
- Hold a valid, active license issued by the State Board of Registered Nursing
- Master of Nursing or higher degree from an accredited college or university that includes course work in nursing or education, administration. OB, Pediatrics or Psychiatry
- At least four years’ experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care
- A year of Clinical experience within the last five years (Clinical teaching applies toward direct patient care). Clinically competent as defined in CCR Section 1420(c)
- Expertise in one of the following areas of nursing – Psychiatric, Geriatrics, Med/Surg, Pediatrics, OB-Gyn, Mental Health
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program