Simulation Lab Tech
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Why Work for Unitek Learning? To be part of a healthcare revolution. There is plenty of demand from students who want to become nurses, and there is plenty of demand to hire highly skilled nurses. Unitek Learning is on a mission to fix the connection between those who want to become nurses and the communities who desperately need them. We graduate culturally competent and highly skilled nurses, and we do this at scale. We have history, stability and strong student outcomes. We need your experience and transfer of knowledge to make this vision come to life. Be a part of the solution.
We are looking for a Simulation Lab Technician to join our team.
This position assists Nursing students with improving their knowledge of nursing skills through implementation of the nursing process, clinical assessment procedures, and care of patients across the spectrum of nursing, schedules and monitors the use of equipment and laboratories.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of human patient simulation exercises and/or case studies
- Demonstrates proper techniques, use of tools, and equipment for students during simulation exercises and laboratory classes
- Performs simulation demonstrations and provides orientation, assistance, training and technical support to instructors on laboratory procedures, operation of equipment, and location and use of materials
- Prepares and maintains simulation and skills lab environemnt, equipment, manikins, media, audio/visual, computers, and materials related to learning
- Assists in development and demonstratration of simulation exercises, instructional materials, and assists in the development of simulation laboratory manuals
- Enforces the safety and security of the lab according to established procedures, policies, and laws
- Ensures that simulation and skills laboratories and other assigned areas are maintained in a clean, safe and orderly condition
- Maintains accurate and complete records and files, including materials and equipment inventories, warranty information, and maintenance records and schedules
- Operates a variety of computers and technical equipment pertaining to the simulation scenarios
- Assists faculty in utilizing specialized computer technology as part of the simulation process
- Works closely with students, staff, and faculty to solve complex problems, assists in identifying support resources and installing new software and equipment as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience with Simulation operations/technology preferred, or a demonstrated ability to learn.
- Intermediate computer knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Principles of patient care/healthcare professions, procedures, and enivornments preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to express technical information clearly and simply to non-technical persons
- Flexible and able to adapt to a dynamic environment based on changing policies, procedures and clinical needs
- Strong Organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.