VN Faculty Apprentice
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
Why Work for Unitek Learning? To be part of a healthcare revolution. There is plenty of demand from students who want to become nurses, and there is plenty of demand to hire highly skilled nurses. Unitek Learning is on a mission to fix the connection between those who want to become nurses and the communities who desperately need them. We graduate culturally competent and highly skilled nurses, and we do this at scale. We have history, stability and strong student outcomes. We need your experience and transfer of knowledge to make this vision come to life. Be a part of the solution.
Leverage your experience as a licensed nurse and your passion for changing lives to impact the next generation of nurses in the field of healthcare. Unitek Learning is on a mission to help solve the healthcare crisis by increasing the number of nurses in the field. To be successful in our mission, we need experienced nurses to embrace the role of educator and teach aspiring students the skills necessary to serve patients and hospitals in need of help.
We have built a pathway to successfully transition you from work in the field to work in the classroom as an educator. Unitek Learning will provide you all the necessary support, resources, courses, and mentorship to change lives as an educator. The Faculty Apprentice Program will guide you step-by-step through the teaching credential process to help you smoothly transition to work in the classroom.
Join us as a full-time staff member and we will do the rest! All requirements, courses, and education costs will be covered by Unitek Learning to support your pathway into education. We believe in your ability to make a difference in the lives of our students. Come change the world with us!
Come join our team as a VN Faculty Apprentice and let's train you to become a Vocational Nursing Instructor!
- Maintain learning spaces appropriately to effectively ensure delivery of lesson content to students.
- Supervise and tutor students as assigned
- Assess student performance, document, and offer remediation/academic advising when needed
- Follow remediation, accreditation, and institutional protocol for academic documentation
- Maintain and update student files/records in accordance with institution policies and procedures
- Proctor exam processes as assigned
- Informs instructors and students via e-mail of incomplete immunization record and expired CPR License
- Completion of clinical rotation matrices prior to start of clinical rotations
- Assist with the maintenance of documentation for accrediting agencies and boards manuals.
- Manage application materials for the preliminary and clear credentials
- After preliminary credentials are awarded, teach clinical and theory-based courses up thirty-two hours per week as assigned while taking courses
- While completing preliminary credential application materials, candidates will observe classroom activity and assist with tutoring students
- Once preliminary credentials are received, teach up to 32 hours a week in clinical and theory courses, depending on the campus needs, and complete coursework during remaining 8 hours per week
- After completing coursework, transition to full-time faculty status while waiting for the clear credential confirmation
Pay Range: $36-40/hr
- LVN or RN License
- 3 years verifiable Vocational or Registered Nursing experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 weeks’ vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family; depending on program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.