As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
We are looking for Full Time BSN Instructors to join our team.
This position will instruct Nursing courses in the Nursing programs.
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned clinicals, labs, or simulated clinical experiences (SCE), using each course's standard course outline as a guide. Ensure that students have attained minimum course competencies as described in the course syllabus
- Supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in lab, clinical, SCE, and similar settings as appropriate for the course or program
- Be available to students via email, phone, or personal conferences
- Meet all classes and other scheduled responsibilities such as scheduled clinical hours and meetings at the designated times. A faculty member should inform the Program Director/Academic Dean if they are unable to meet a student group on time
- Assure that classroom, lab, or pre- and post-conference rooms are left clean and orderly at the end of each event
Training and Professional Development
- Attend New Faculty Orientation and participate in Faculty Mentor Program
- Maintain a faculty development plan with the assistance of academic administration
- Attend campus faculty meetings and in-service trainings and other meetings as assigned
- Remain current in program knowledge, including maintaining licensure, certification, or continuing education requirements where appropriate
- Participate in professional development activities
- Keep accurate attendance records, posting attendance in the portal and submitting attendance roster to the Academic Department for each class period in a timely manner
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and records by established deadlines
- Make missed lab, SCE, or clinical phone calls to students that misses or are not actively engaged in learning outcomes
- Make recommendations and adhere to the Academic Freedom policy as outlined in the Faculty handbook
- Perform other duties designated by the Program Administrator, Lead Instructor and/or Academic Dean
*Collaborates with other instructors in preparing, administering, and grading examinations for the course. Participates in the preparation of the final evaluations for the course
*Responsible for assuring class attendance and grades are kept and submitted.
*Assist with strategic planning and assessment of instructional initiatives to ensure quality of program.
*Plans and implements orientation of new faculty in both theory and clinical facilities for the courses
*Utilize principles of teaching that recognize the characteristics of theadult learner
*Makes continuous efforts to improve quality of instruction
*Demonstrate or be willing to acquire skills for utilizing online activities as enhancers to course content/material during interactive teaching and learning
*Maintains student records of attendance, skills check-off forms, and assist with program data collection.
*Submit required program reports and forms to the Director of the program in a timely manner.
*Keep current with new technologies and safety regulations
*Participate in committee activities that support the mission and function of the nursing program
*Attend faculty meetings
*Plan and supervises student clinical experience in assigned health care facilities
*Evaluates student performance in relation to clinical learning outcomes in accordance with policies and procedures established by Unitek College, Department of Nursing
*Provide feedback of clinical performance or specific event immediately after observation
*Assists in maintains student records of clinical attendance, skills check-off forms, and assist with program data collection
*Responsible for making sure the clinical assignments meet both student and facility needs
* Determines best method to observe, instruct, and evaluate students.
*Determines if clinical facility meet all health and safety requirements for Unitek College students to attend clinicals
*Provide access to students for ongoing communication through scheduling of office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
*Participate in student advising activities
- Registered Nurse with current and unencumbered licensure
- Masters of Science in Nursing Degree Required or BSN with previous teaching experience, currently enrolled
- Able to meet the faculty requirements set by Board of Registered Nursing in the state in which you will work
- Experience which demonstrates: Current knowledge of nursing practice; ability to mentor students; strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- One (1) year adult instruction experience preferred
- A documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 10 paid Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program