Senior Project Manager
- Reading, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Function U4: Project Management
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that people experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that fits the way people work, not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us!
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage multiple implementation projects of our market-leading solutions. The successful candidate can be based remotely in the UK, with regular travel required to our client's sites.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution and completion of Unit4 Business World and Unit4 Financials implementations to meet the customer objectives and goals. Our customers are in the verticals, Public, Commercial and Not-for-profit.
Strategically, the project manager seeks to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions. PMs develop the plan to manage and drive the Unit4 team, customer Stakeholders and potentially other third parties to achieve the agreed goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
You will be responsible for managing scope, schedule and cost and leverage the Unit4 delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. Leverage your management and leadership capabilities to successfully deliver to your team(s) plan, proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion, while exceeding customer expectations.
You will work closely with the Demand team in the opportunity development phase and provide a seamless entry into the Delivery phase. A close relationship with Operations to ensure optimum project staffing and efficient use of external resources will be essential.
- As a Project Manager you will provide project management expertise throughout the entire ERP Implementation project lifecycle.
- Your strong project management, interpersonal and organizational skills enable you to keep all stakeholder satisfied and updated on the progress of the project.
- You will follow change control procedures, ensuring stakeholder agreement beforehand for any revisions to the project from project sponsors.
- You track project deliverables and communicate with customer sponsors to deliver on-time, within scope and on budget.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing solutions in Private & Public sector
- Proven mastery in all areas of the services sales cycle
- APM, PMI, Prince2, CAPMM qualifications
- Track record of deployment & integration of Application Software solutions with on premise & Cloud technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc (e.g. qualification, solution development, bid management, negotiations and closing techniques)
- Excellent presentation skills to a C-level audience focusing on demonstrating business value rather than technical solutions
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces allowing communication to an audience with a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to convey expert knowledge of ERP, business management systems, processes and best practices, with the ability to recite examples showing track record of success
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- You are passionate and skilled and will work closely with our consultants and clients to satisfactorily plan and schedule project timelines to guarantee on-time delivery
A chance to participate in the development of a leading global software firm. You have the opportunity to work within an organization, that gives you the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment with enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other.
At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.