Competitive Intelligence Manager - Remote, UK
- Reading, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Meet Unit4. We’re a fast-paced, growth, cloud company, changing the game in ERP for mid-market, people-centric organizations. We’re on a mission to turn 40 years of conventional legacy ERP software on its head and re-write the industry.
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and give them a better experience so they can spend time on the meaningful, high-value work they want to do.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
We are seeking a Competitive Intelligence Manager on a permanent basis. The person in this role will be a key member of our fast-growing Global Marketing team and will work closely with our marketing, sales and product teams to gain in-depth intelligence and insights into our competitors and key target markets.
The Competitive Intelligence Manager should be a results-oriented, analytical and methodical research leader that will find and interpret market, sales and competitive information to deliver the insights Unit4 needs to sustain and enable growth. This person will improve the focus and precision of our go to market strategies and plans while improving our competitive position and accelerating our target market penetration. Candidates for this role must have experience in competitive analysis within the B2B SaaS technology market, target account identification and win/loss analysis.
Please note that while this role is remote, the candidate must be located in the UK.
What You Will Do:
- Provide analysis on various competitive offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Develop critical insights and make recommendations to positively influence strategic decisions within product marketing, sales and the larger leadership team
- Work closely with sales in win/loss analysis and to understand regional differences in the competitive landscape
- Remain fully informed on market trends, analyst research and industry thought leaders
- Partner closely with product marketing, product management and sales teams in developing battle cards and building compelling customer pitches within industry segments
- Work with product marketing team to inform messaging and positioning
- 4 + years of demonstrated experience with both qualitative and quantitative market research skills, including but not limited to data analysis, competitive intelligence, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendations
- 2 + years of experience working with research tools
- Global research experience- especially in European markets would be a big plus
- Ability to analyze complex data sets
- Experience sizing and analyzing target addressable markets (TAM) and serviceable addressable markets (SAM)
- Experience working in organizations with cross-functional teams
- Strong multi-tasking skills with an ability to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous B2B SaaS or Cloud-related product sales, industry analyst, product management, product strategy, or product marketing background strongly preferred
Join Unit4 and you’ll be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the cloud software space today. We’re a fast-paced and high-growth people-centric cloud player offering a host of benefits & development opportunities for individuals serious about their career
- A culture built on trust. That’s why we offer our people an uncapped time off policy and remote working opportunities. We focus on results, not how many days you work or where that work takes place
- Work, learn & be inspired by some of the best talent in the software space
- Talent program for high performers. Each year we provide a platform for high potential talent to accelerate their careers!
- Committed to corporate social responsibility with our Act4Good initiative, our global movement to do good, and a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society
- Diversity4U. Helping our people thrive starts with a safe and inclusive work environment. We launched our Diversity4U program that builds on our “be genuine” value