Bid Manager - Remote, Canada or US
- Victoria, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Meet Unit4. We’re a fast-paced growth cloud company, changing the game in ERP for mid-market people-centric organizations. We’re on a mission to turn 40 years of conventional legacy ERP software on its head and re-write the industry.
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
Due to growth, we are looking for a Bid Manager to join our team to closely with Sales, Account Management and Solution Consulting.. You will formulate winning proposals for the customer, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The role includes interpreting customer requirements in conjunction with Sales and Solution Consulting and is responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition, strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, and risk management.
- Responsible for the timely planning, coordination and efficient management of the PQQ/RFP/Bid generation and submissions.
- Have a clear understanding and interpretation of the questions and requirements within PQQ/RFP/Bid documentation.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams including sales, heads of service and support staff to ensure a library of associated content is stored and readily available.
- Review content of bids, pricing sheets and formatting, achieved assuring that all material is responded to, through the review of the response and acting as a back board to the total solution.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go/no go) process for new opportunities.
- Manage inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Implement a risk tracking process and manage throughout the bid process.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary).
- Full management and review of the bid budget.
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids working with a number of internal resources to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring all post bid reviews with customers are completed and documented, post contract award or unsuccessful.
- Lead lessons learned session from bids and use these lessons to continuously improve the approach to bids, frameworks, sales material, and presentations.
- Responsible for managing the strategy of the overall Bid response process across all target areas
- Takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed
- Applies insight, originality and a broad perspective to generate revolutionary technical solutions
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Good people management skills. Acts as a role model for continuous learning and development. Good self management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looks for ways to beat previous standards.
- Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million-pound product or complex opportunities.
- Must be comfortable working at CEO/Director Level (internal and external customers).
- Experience of solutions, financial, commercial and legal contributors in achieving the bid win.
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills.
- Time management, efficiency, the ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in solutions and services and experience of bid management from opportunity identification through to project delivery.
- Able to provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design.
- Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures
- APMP Foundation qualification desirable.
- Project management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines while maintaining a high standard is essential.
Join Unit4 and you’ll be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the ERP cloud software space today.
- A culture built on trust. That’s why we offer our people an uncapped time off policy and remote working opportunities. We focus on results, not how many days you work or where that work takes place
- On-going learning & development opportunities and a chance to participate in our annual festival of learning
- Work, learn & be inspired by some of the best talent in the software space
- Talent program for high performers. Each year we provide a platform for high potential talent to accelerate their careers!
- Committed to corporate social responsibility with our Act4Good initiative, our global movement to do good, and a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society
- Diversity4U. Helping our people thrive starts with a safe and inclusive work environment. We launched our Diversity4U program that builds on our “be genuine” value