Data Migration Senior Analyst
- 14567 N Outer 40 Rd, Chesterfield, MO 63017, USA
- Employees can work remotely
This opportunity is for an experienced Data Migration consultant who is looking to grow within the Unit4 Professional Services group.
The role encompasses end-to-end management for converting data from legacy systems and spreadsheets into Unit4 Student Management. The candidate will partner with customers as well as Unit4 Project Managers, functional Implementation Consultants, offshore Data Conversion and Reporting consultants on one or more project teams.
The candidate will require sound technical experience and skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate must be able to take responsibility and accept accountability for customer engagements. This is a highly technical role that requires deep knowledge of Infrastructure, Operating Systems and data migration activities.
Data Migration Consultant manages all data conversion efforts from legacy student information systems into Unit4 Student Management. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with customers as well as Project Managers, functional Implementation Consultants, offshore Data Conversion and Reporting consultants on one or more project teams, you will be the primary knowledge source for converting data from legacy systems and spreadsheets into U4SM and have overall responsibility for data conversion activities on the project(s).
- Converting and preparing data import files to be loaded into U4SM using available loading tools; or by partnering with our Global Delivery Center (GDC) organization to extract, load, transform and validate the data.
- Create ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) scripts to transform and load data into U4SM
- Assisting clients in mapping legacy data and identifying data quality issues
- Updating validation matrix to ensure that all data checks have been identified and are performed in a consistent and thorough manner
- Lead the validation of data loaded into U4SM and communicate with project and client team to ensure data anomalies are identified and resolved
- Lead the identification of process improvements and changes to our methodology based on project experience
- Contribute to the development of and further enhancement of available ETL tools in an effort to standardize and streamline data conversion practices
- Responsible for key communication to project and client leadership
- Collaborate with client counterpart to successfully deliver on shared objectives
- Responsible for timely identification and escalation of risks and development of alternative technical and functional approaches when necessary.
- 5+ years in a technical data migration role supporting implementations of a SaaS ERP or Student Information System
- 5+ years of previous experience with a consulting/SaaS software company
- 5+ years of Student Information Systems related experience in data migration/conversion in a SaaS environment
- 5+ years experience with SQL
- Experience with at least 2 full life cycle ERP or Student Information System implementations in a Data Conversion role
- Familiarity with implementing regulatory reporting for US and/or Canadian Student Information Systems a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
- Demonstrated client facing experience by partnering with customers to drive successful outcomes
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Experience deploying multiple projects simultaneously a plus
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering related field; or equivalent work experience
- Keen understanding and demonstration of data migration/conversion practices and tools
- Experience working to define data migration/conversion activities, mapping, ELT.
*This is a remote opportunity but must be based in U.S or Canada
A chance to participate in the development of an international leading software firm. At Unit4, you have the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment. Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other. At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.