Report Developer Consultant - Remote
- GA-400, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transforms work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
This opportunity is for an experienced Report Developer consultant who is looking to grow within the Unit4 Professional Services group. The role encompasses end-to-end management for delivering Unit4 Student Management reporting implementations and assessments. The Report Developer should have strong knowledge of tools/systems, and a proven ability to create complex reports from a variety of data sources. The candidate will be expected to design and develop database solutions for clients based on their needs and objectives as well as create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs or available data elements. In addition, the Report Developer will be called upon to answer client queries and resolve their issues, develop database retrieval processes, and implement database modelling best practices. The Report Developer position would be well suited to a SQL programming expert who has critical thinking skills, creativity, and a talent for time management.
- Partnering with customers as well as Project Managers, functional Implementation Consultants, offshore Data Conversion and Reporting consultants, you will be the primary knowledge source for establishing the most effective methods of producing datasets and reports for analysis using Unit4 Student Management’s integrated reporting tools and provide consultation to users as well as leading cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Creating, managing and publishing reports and dashboards using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), a reporting and visualization tools for SQL Server.
- SSRS developer responsibilities and duties will involve retrieving data from databases and optimizing SQL server queries to efficiently and quickly retrieve data.
- As customers and internal users submit report development requests, you will work with them to find solutions that meet their needs, providing opinions and advice, and counsel on variety of reporting topics.
- Creating and designing best-practice data warehouse solutions that support business reporting tasks leveraging different programs and software, such as Microsoft Excel and MS SQL Server.
- Maintaining a record of the different reporting processes in place and assist in development of ways to improve how the customers currently operate with regard to data management.
- Provide estimates and plans for project reporting initiatives to Unit4 customer stakeholders.
- Effectively planning and managing U4SM reporting implementation initiative
- Actively participating in development and documentation of U4SM reporting policies, standards and guidelines
- Developing and executing Knowledge Transfer plan
- Taking responsibility for or participating in a variety of ad-hoc reporting projects that are dictated by current business and technical developments
- Responsible for key communication to project and client leadership
- Collaborate with client counterpart to successfully deliver on shared objectives
- Responsible for timely identification and escalation of risks and development of alternative technical and functional approaches when necessary
- Experience within the Higher Education Vertical
- A SQL programming expert with four-year college degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering related field; or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in SaaS software reporting implementation projects
- Successful management of medium to large SaaS reporting implementation projects that demonstrate innovative applications of technology, ability to work with multidisciplinary teams of business and technical professionals, interaction with senior management
- Ability to support a phased roll-out; support end users and project team in live environment, while supporting on-going implementation and cut-over activities
- Experience in Issue resolution techniques and root cause analysis of reporting failures
- Understanding of segregation of duty concerns with respect to application reporting implementations
- Experience in identifying and applying reporting best practices and assist in developing supporting policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting technical teams to ensure consistency with client's data reporting policy
- Ability to resolve complex problems relating to U4SM reporting configuration
- Ability to identify and recommend processes to ensure clients can successfully manage the design and implementation
- Ability to understand business processes and assist with reporting-related design decisions
- Experience in supporting business risk mitigation strategies through the implementation of reporting controls
- Experience in documenting processes and performing knowledge transfer/training to client team members
- Attention to detail in working with client personal and pay-related data
- Self-starter with proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Excellent communication, both written and oral
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
- Demonstrated client facing experience by partnering with customers to drive successful outcomes
*This is a remote opportunity but must be based in U.S or Canada
A chance to participate in the development of an international leading software firm. At Unit4, you have the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment. Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other. At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.