Full Stack Laravel Developer
- Unit 17 Chestnut Court, Redditch, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Unique:IQ are a forward thinking, fast-growing and dynamic software development company specialising in the delivery of a workforce management software solution predominately to the Domiciliary Care, Facilities Management and commercial cleaning sectors.
At the heart of everything we do are our valued clients. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service to our customers with forward thinking and innovative end to end software solutions.
We are going through a period of rapid growth and are actively seeking a dynamic and skilled laravel developers at varying levels to join our development team.
About the team
You will be working as part of a close knit, friendly and agile team, with various skill levels from apprentice through to senior. The team is now 100% remote but in future office-based work will be possible.
You will be working on a major project to migrate our current web platform from custom PHP to Laravel. This will also be an integration project to create a version of our largest, desktop-only, application as a fully-fledged, responsive, web application. The desktop version is built with Winforms / Azure SQL. The new version will have to integrate at the database level as the two projects will run side by side and need to complement each other for business continuity.
The team works in an agile environment and are using Scrum. This means that you will be part of a daily stand-up with the rest of the team, work in sprints of 1-2 weeks and will later be involved in helping the team estimate effort for work items.
You will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle, including business analysis, architectural design and maintenance of code. Your tasks will also include code review and testing of bug fixes and new features.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications utilising the Laravel framework
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the colleagues
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilising standard development tools
- Be involved with entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post launch support
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Coordinate with co-developers and keep project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
Experience and skills
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for at least 2 years
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework
- Hands on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles, REST API design
- Software testing awareness
- Knowledge of JS frameworks such as React, AngularJS or similar
- Source control (GitHub an advantage)
- Continuous deployment / integration
- Strong communication skills
- Detail orientated and diligent
- Attention to detail and solid logical reasoning
- Awareness of Agile development processes
- Creative and efficient problem solver
What we offer
A beautiful rural setting with modern offices and strong emphasis on teamwork and core values. A busy and exciting environment to learn, progress and work collaboratively with other like-minded developers. As much tea and coffee as you need and a competitive salary.
- Salary and package depending on experience
- Perkbox - giving you benefits, discounts and freebies
- Team orientated environment where everyone's opinion matters
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES