Development Team Leader
- Jill Ln, Redditch, UK
Unique:IQ are a forward-thinking, innovative software systems provider working predominately in the Care Sector. We deliver systems and solutions to assist our customers in delivering the best possible care to their clients.
At the heart of everything we do is our customer and we pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service to our clients with innovative end to end solutions.
We are an ambitious and rapidly expanding team who share the same ethos and values and love to collaborate on anything innovative.
We are now looking for a dynamic and driven Development Team Leader to lead our existing development team to deliver world class software solutions to our new and existing client base.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Director, you will have full responsibility in creating a clear vision of the product, build effective communication streams as well as monitoring progress and driving a culture of responsibility, accountability, agility and continuous learning.
You will be accountable for the product roadmap, ensuring the team delivers projects on time and on budget, maintain technical and strict quality standards and ensure the team are motivated, engaged and solution driven
As team leader, you will use your experience to take projects through the development process promoting best practice, coding standards and methodologies.
You will contribute to hands on coding whilst effectively driving and managing the team's direction and vision.
- Contribute to the evolution of the products, services and system architecture
- Define the quality and productivity standards and review individual deliverables
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Product Owners
- Design world class software solutions using a range of languages and technologies
- Work with and enable the scrum master to deliver software solutions on time
- Ensure development quality and standards are established and followed within the teams
- Take responsibility and be accountable for projects and deliverables of the team
- Take ownership of the 'how' within the team, advising and collaborating with all things 'tech' and working closely with the Product Owners, Stakeholders and scrum master responsible for the 'what' and 'when'
- Supporting the Scrum Master in running the team in a way which promotes the highest level of efficiency
- Support major software solutions deployed throughout the business
- Responsible for change management lifecycle and release management processes
- Ensure line management, coaching and mentoring of a development team carrying out individual team progress reviews including 1-2-1, objective setting and probation reviews
- Maintain a commercial awareness of the impact of non delivery of a project and ways to mitigate this within the team
- Excellent leadership and team building skills together with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Resilient and thrives on getting the job done with the team to drive success
- 'Can-do' attitude and a willingness to promote change
- Previous working experience as a PHP/Laravel developer for at least 5 years (Essential)
- In-depth knowledge of object orientated PHP and Laravel 5 PHP Framework (Essential)
- Hands on experience with SQL Schema design, SOLID Principles, REST API design (Essential)
- Software testing experience (Essential)
- Knowledge of JS frameworks such as React, AngularJS or similar (Desirable)
- Source control (Github an advantage)
- Continuous Deployment / integration (Essential)
- Strong communication skills (Essential)
- Detail orientated and diligent ( Essential)
- Attention to detail and solid logical reasoning (Essential)
- Creative and efficient problem solver (Essential)
- Team leadership or management of a development team for at least 8 years (Essential)
- Salary and package depending on experience
- Perkbox - giving you benefits, discounts and freebies
- Team orientated environment where everyone's opinion matters
- STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Office based role so candidate must be eligible to work in this location