VB.Net / Winforms Developer
- Jill Lane, Redditch, England, United Kingdom
Unique:IQ are a forward thinking, fast-growing and dynamic software development company specialising in the delivery of a workforce management software solution predominately to the Domiciliary Care, Facilities Management and commercial cleaning sectors.
At the heart of everything we do are our valued clients. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of service to our customers with forward thinking and innovative end to end software solutions.
We are going through a period of rapid growth and are actively seeking a dynamic and skilled full stack .Net Developer to join our development team.
About the team
You will be working as part of a close knit, friendly and agile team, with various skill levels from apprentice through to senior. The team are primarily based in the office, with one of the senior members working remotely.
Our source code is stored in GitHub and we make use of Visual Studio and Microsoft SQL Management Studio for our day-to-day programming tasks. Our MS SQL databases are all hosted on the Azure platform. We use Jira to plan and manage the workload for both of our development teams.
You will be working day-to-day in VB.Net and utilising Microsoft SQL Server on a predominantly Winforms-based solution. The main UI / database access layer for the Winforms application is built in VB.Net, however, there are other projects in the solution, such as an API, that are built using C#. We also have a couple web portals for our clients and their end-users, these are built with ASP.Net MVC5 in C#.
The team works in an agile environment and are using Scrum. This means that you will be part of a daily stand-up with the rest of the team, work in sprints of 1-2 weeks and will later be involved in helping the team estimate effort for work items.
You will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle, including business analysis, architectural design and maintenance of code. Your tasks will also include code review and testing of bug fixes and new features.
Key skills and competencies
- .NET Framework using VB.net
- Development of WinForms applications
- SQL Server, T-SQL
- Object Orientated programming and design
- Strong communication skills
- Detail orientated and diligent
- Attention to detail and solid logical reasoning
- Awareness of Agile development processes
- 4+ years programming experience within the Microsoft stack
- .NET core / Web APIs
- Web development skills (CSS, HTML, JS, Responsive)
- Experience in Bootstrap or other front-end frameworks
- Knowledge of JS frameworks such as React, AngularJS or similar
- Azure Cloud Services
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Source control (GitHub an advantage)
- Continuous deployment / integration
What we offer
A beautiful rural setting with modern offices and strong emphasis on teamwork and core values. A busy and exciting environment to learn, progress and work collaboratively with other like-minded developers. As much tea and coffee as you need and a competitive salary.