Senior PHP Developer
- Unit 17 Chestnut Court, Jill Lane, Redditch, England, United Kingdom
Who we are
Unique:IQ is a forward thinking, fast-growing and dynamic software development company specialising in the delivery of a workforce management software solution predominately to the Domiciliary Care, Facilities Management and commercial cleaning sectors
We make remote workforce management easy and understand that managing remote staff effectively not only assists clients in gaining greater control and transparency of their remote workforce but improves communication with staff and reduces unnecessary paperwork thus reducing costs. Our solution is strategically designed to support the ever-changing needs of service providers
Since our foundation in 2003 we have grown rapidly and have become recognised for our innovative service capabilities winning two prestigious awards this year including "Birmingham Business of the Year" in the Birmingham Business Awards and "Innovation of the Year" in the North Worcestershire Business Awards Both awards are testament to the hard work and commitment of the team and our fresh approach in delivering exceptional and solution led systems and services
What you’ll do
As a full-stack web developer you will be working in a small agile team building both internally and externally facing features within a number of our key systems. You will be developing and maintaining our remote workforce management product.
You will get to work on a wide variety of projects - we have plenty of different systems to get stuck into: Web Applications, WebServices, API’s, a mobile app, telephony systems and much more.
Specifically, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing software solutions as part of a team
- Writing and maintaining technical and user documentation
- Identifying changing requirements and recommending solutions
- Highlight performance, quality or security issues with existing services and suggest or implement solutions
- Contributing to the design and architecture of projects
What you’ll bring
You will have strong PHP experience developing either front-end or back-end applications. You will be comfortable writing back-end code to complement the front-end.
- At least 3 years commercial programming experience.
- Highly proficient in object orientated PHP.
- Version control (GIT preferred).
- Proficient in MySQL / MariaDB (at a client level, administration would be a nice-to-have).
Our web applications utilise a number of varied technologies, so we don’t expect you to have experience in all of them but any additional experience or interest in the following areas would certainly be useful:
· Composer and PSR-4 auto-loading
· Unit Testing.
· Redis and MongoDB
· PhoneGap / Cordova
· Gallera cluster
As important as your technical skills will be your enthusiasm for problem solving, learning and sharing knowledge as well as collaboration
What we’ll offer
- The opportunity to develop your skills within a wide range of technologies
- A collaborative environment where new ideas are encouraged
- Modern offices in a peaceful countryside location
- A friendly team, even if we say so themselves!
- Job satisfaction - Helping our clients provide a high level of care
- Discounts and freebies with Perkbox
- Endless amounts of coffee
- Competitive salary